Part 7

Scaramouche and Y/n went to a quiet spot for the training. He pulled out a training sword for her and waited to teach her the fundamentals. "Follow my lead. I will go slowly and easy on you for now." He said, ready to strike. Y/n nodded and locked her hands around the sword.

Scaramouche then started teaching her the basics. After some time, he let her practice by herself. Y/n seemed to enjoy learning but tried not to show her excitement so he won't be too pleased. She herself always wanted to learn how to fight but Lyn would tell her that this was not a good idea. A soft smile appeared on his face when he saw how Y/n was so focused on the training.

"You'll be a good Fatui in no time, Y/n" He said, with a slight smile on his face. Y/n turned her head towards him with a surprised look on her face, it was like she woke up to reality, she wasn't just training because she wanted it but because she was somehow forced to. She lowered the training sword slowly until it was at her side, looking down to the ground trying to catch her breath since she's been training for quite a while.

"For how long do I have to train.."

"Oh, don't worry, Y/n." Scaramouche said calmly that it was almost scary. "That was just the first part, to get you used to the training. You are doing really well, by the way."

"Now, to go to the next part of the training, you will have to fight against me."

"What..? Are you serious right now?" She gave him a skeptical gaze. He had an electro vision, thus it was clear that she couldn't defeat him.She didn't know much about visions, but she was aware that having a vision indicated a person was very strong. She read books about visions when she was living in Mondstadt and recalled that they were a gift from the gods. She had hardly begun her training; how could she possibly battle him.

"It's a training. We'll fight and you will see what being a Fatui truly means. Are you ready?" He asked her. Y/n was a little scared, and couldn't help but look at him with wide, scared eyes. Scaramouche, noticing that Y/n was too afraid, stopped smiling and changed his tone. He didn't like what he was going to do, but there was no other way.

"You don't have a choice, Y/n..." He said sternly.

 Y/n, even more terrified now, readied her sword positioning herself for the battle. They started the training. Y/n, terrified and not wanting to hurt him, kept making mistakes. Scaramouche was calm yet he somehow didn't put too much pressure on Y/n, so she could go at her own pace. She got a little better each time, but she still looked too scared.

 She stopped attacking and suddenly saw the air shifting around them. She jerked in place when several electric charges hit the ground. Why did the weather abruptly change when it earlier seemed to be nice? Her eyes then turned towards his face and saw that devilish grin and his vision glowing. She instantly realized that he was no longer playing with her. She took a few cautious steps back as her body stiffened up.

"What are you trying to do Scaramouche.."

He smirked at her reaction. Y/n's eyes looked around nervously, trying to understand what was happening. She watched Scaramouche with a worried expression.