Chapter 5

||श्री ||

Author's POV

It was night time and krishnaa was in a hurry to go and meet Arjun who was waiting for her in the private garden in which was alloted by Krishna to Arjun for some important work. No one was allowed, not even soldiers and maids except Arjun and now krishnaa.

She applied alta on her hands in a hurry and wore her jewelry she saw her dress for a last time. Looking goddess in her peach dress and what added more to her beauty was the royal gold ornaments. She always resisted wearing those royal robes and jewels, they itched her but today she herself felt like wearing them.

She sneaked out of her room after making sure everyone were asleep and she removed her payals before she walked out. She reached the garden where Arjun called her.

A dark silence invited her. It was dark every where and not a single source of light was available except for moonlight. She moved a little forward, now she was genuinely scared. She called,

"Arjun.....Arjun....Arjun" Her voice held fear unlike everytime.

"Hey narayan raksha karna" she muttered under her breath.

She tried to look through the deep darkness when she felt two warm hands snaking gently around her waist. She gasped and was ready to protest but sighed in relief after she recognised who was the owner. Ofcourse it was Arjun. Krishnaa turned around to face him.

"Why you always have to scare me" Krishnaa questioned and whined.

"Because I love you" Came Arjun's reply.

She sighed and shook her head. He would always say something like this and make her fall harder for him.

She gasped once again as she felt her legs being swept away from the ground.

"Arjun..what are you doing put me down this moment..I must be heavy" Krishnaa said.

"Don't you eat something krishnaa....you are lighter than a feather" Arjun joked.

Krishnaa kept swaying her feets but stopped when she recieved a glare from Arjun. After sometime she felt the cold ground touch her feet as she she sighed in relief. But then again she was blindfolded but before she could say anything Arjun held her hand.

"Shh... don't say anything...just follow me"Arjun whispered in her ear which made her shudder.

Arjun took her somewhere and made her stand. He told her to open her eyes. After krishnaa opened she was shocked to see Arjun kneeling down on her knees. He took her hands in his and said...

"The day I saw you I decided to make you mine. You already took my heart with your outer and inner beauty. I can't imagine my life without you krishnaa, the day you'll leave me I finish myself. This gandivdhari Arjun, Vijaya who never loses, has lost the battle of his soul and heart to you....Arjun without his krishnaa is nothing but void...would you like to fill this void my love ?...Yes I love you would you love me back ? Will you marry me ?"

As soon as he finished his talking he felt krishnaa hugging him tightly. Arjun wrapped his one arm around her waist and another around her back.

"I love you too Arjun...Krishnaa too is nothing without her Arjun..I love you and I will die without you. Please...I am ready to become your Ardhangini..." She couldn't say anything further and broke into tears. Tears also made their way down from Arjun's eyes. His hold tightened on her as he kept her near his heart. They broke the hug after sometime.