3. William vs. Sherlock

There was still some time until dinner, so a group of gentlemen gathered in a room to play chess. William was simply passing by, exploring the ship, when one of the gentlemen called out to him.

"If it isn't professor Moriarty. Would you care to join us? "

The professor didn't even get a chance to respond before Sherlock barged into the room and exclaimed loudly.

"He will join! And we will play a match to determine who's the better chess player! "

"Oh? Sherlock? Someone is feeling quite daring this evening. Very well, then. If you insist, I will join you for a single game," a daring smirk graced his face.

 If you insist, I will join you for a single game," a daring smirk graced his face

Tension and the desire to win was felt in the air.

As the two prepared for the match, one of the men couldn't contain his excitement and declared to the others.

"This match is definitely worth watching! A showdown of the century! A clash between the well-known mathematics professor, William James Moriarty, and the famous consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes! Logic against deduction! This should be entertaining!"

More and more men gathered to witness this strategic match. Some even began placing bets on the outcome. As the game intensified, it became clear that both players were enjoying the challenge. It seemed as though they momentarily disregarded the room's other occupants. At times, while calculating their next moves, their eyes would meet, and their gazes would become fixed.

While they were enjoying this special and unique moment, a woman's scream echoed from a nearby room. As a result, the match was momentarily halted, and everyone rushed to ascertain what had occurred and to offer assistance to the woman in question.

The next room was abuzz with commotion as everyone hurried to the scene. The woman lay on the floor, and the men were confused as to the cause of the incident.

William and Sherlock both approached the lady and assisted her in getting back on her feet.

"Could you please explain what happened, my lady? Can we be of any assistance?" asked young professor, holding the lady's hand.

"There are no mysteries in this world that we cannot unravel!" Sherlock added enthusiastically.

"You can pose any question to these two, and they will solve the problem! They're quite adept at it! My lady, allow me to introduce mathematics professor William James Moriarty and the consulting detective Sherlock Holmes," one of the men explained.

"Oh my! It's truly an honor to meet the prominent detective and mathematics professor. However, I must apologize, gentlemen. Actually, there is no mystery involved. It's more of a misunderstanding," explained the woman.

Suddenly, a breathless child rushed into the room and looked at the lady.

"I'm so sorry. My dog got loose from the leash, and now it's running wild all over the ship. I tried to catch it, but it's faster than me. I only saw from a distance, but very clearly, the dog collided with you while trying to escape from me, and you fell down. I apologize, my lady."

"Yes, the dog appeared out of nowhere, startling me. I screamed initially, but then I realized it was just a dog. I'm perfectly fine, don't worry," the lady reassured the boy with a smile.

"Well then, it seems the case is closed before it even began," Sherlock remarked.

"I can tell you're disappointed," William chimed in, adding a laugh.

Everyone in the room breathed a sigh of relief that nothing unfortunate had occurred to the lady, although some expressed slight disappointment and murmured.

"I thought something significant might have occurred, and I imagined we might witness the magic of Sherlock Holmes capturing the culprit."

"Same here!"

"Me too!"

"I'm sorry things turned out the way they did, gentlemen," the lady remarked with a somber expression.

"No need to worry! All in all, everything's fine, and we can resume the chess match between William and Sherlock!" After one of the men said this, everyone returned to the dining room, where the chessboard lay with pieces scattered on the floor. It appeared that someone had accidentally stumbled or perhaps intentionally knocked them over. Regardless, dinnertime was approaching, and the dining room was bustling with people. At times, it felt almost like a fashion show - ladies in their finest dresses and gentlemen in their best suits, all just for dinner.

"So, I suppose there's no mystery-solving or chess match for today, unless you'd like to start over, professor?"

"Let's save it for another opportunity. Would you care to join me for dinner?" William winked at Sherlock.

The gentlemen were disappointed that they couldn't witness the game through to its conclusion and determine the victor

The gentlemen were disappointed that they couldn't witness the game through to its conclusion and determine the victor. Nevertheless, everyone reached a conclusion that it was time to cease playing chess and commence savoring the food and drinks.