the end of peace

(October 15th 1921) pov Tanya 

it had been quite sometime since I came to the orphanage but the older I got I learned more about the political situation of the empire and the world. My knowledge came from overhearing the nuns talk about the latest news or finding a discarded newspaper here and there the rest came from what I knew from my previous life and to put it lightly things look bad. For one thing chancellor Vogel was seemingly acting as this worlds Hitler and no not the genocidal maniac type but a war mongering control freak.  I should know cause the orphanage I stay at is directly affected by his policies such as the nuns talking about how donations have been coming in at a lower rate how do I know Vogel is responsible simple he said quote" people of the fatherland we must stop putting our faith and hard earned money into useless or unprofitable organizations and instead I ask of you tot put your faith in the state that saved you all from depression". While I'm all for efficiency and making smart investments but even in my old life I knew that orphanages could be productive especially since they gave reason for children to be loyal to the country or teh people who fund them and a positive relation with the next generation often leads to greater success in the long run. The only reason this orphanage is protected in a way is cause its owned by a rich family the von Zettour's  and they according to the nuns at least aren't exactly fond of the chancellor and his policies. The worst thing though about Vogel is his horribly hidden ambition to expand the empire and any smart individual can clearly see that his talks of " its time we took our place on teh world stage or we shall not be mocked any longer". Easily translates to lets go conquer the entire world and most likely you will al suffer trying to fulfill my idiotic ambitions. Another thing that didn't surprise me was that I once over heard the nuns making this comparison.

"I can't believe what Vogel is doing to all those poor children shutting down all other orphanages we can't take anymore orphans in we are almost maxed out for beds and we already struggle getting more funds and food for teh children we do have". 

"I know it's no shocker that the royal family and Vogel never got along given the down to earth nature Kaiser Wilhelm was. so what Vogel is doing clearly wouldn't be approved by him or probably any member of his family I wish our empress would one day appear and answer our prayers to free us from this blatant political corruption".

" I know its been hard but remember if Vogel is corrupt then killing the heir to the throne is probably his top priority I just hope that she is safe".

After hearing that particular conversation I started to realize if I was to survive and one day reclaim my birth right I would have to fully adopt my temporary name till that time and when I would return I'll beat free market and human right principals into that scumbag of a chancellor with my bare hands and of course that self proclaimed god being X.

 (strategic HQ). POV : Zettour

it was just a normal day at the office until I listened to the chancellors speech and I couldn't help but feel a chill run down my spine as I listened to the chancellors words. " it's time we stopped being looked down on and take our place on the world stage". 

is the chancellor mad I thought to myself as I was driven to strategic HQ. the fatherland may be a military power but I Remember full and well that our late Kaiser would never have wanted war and I doubt the heir does wherever she is wants that, or the people. 

(at Zettour's office)

" IS HE MAD OR DRUNK. Rudersdorf yelled slamming his hand on a table. DOES OUR CHANCELLOR NOT SEE WHAT WAR WILL DO TO THE FATHERLAND THE SUFFERING THE DEATH. 

"I'm inclined to agree with you my friend  he's not even considering  that a war with the entente or the republic will mean unconditional war with a two front war and if that happens plan 315 may not be a viable option at that time."

"yes indeed Zettour I guess if war happens we will just have to hope that our troops can hold on against two enemies long enough to protect the soil of the fatherland until our rightful leader sits on her throne to get rid of that upstart idiotic scumbag".

"indeed Kurt we will have to hope she returns to us quickly and can either make peace or lead us to victory where the chancellor will clearly fail".

(orphanage) pov Tanya 

I should've known that something big was happening when I was sent with other students to a military tent behind the orphanage. I had no idea what this was for until they sat me down and I was given a series of tests run on me and it was then I learned I had a strong magical aptitude. but since I also knew mages were conscripted so I figured if I volunteered earlier on I could get promoted quickly and also win support in the army that could lead me to have their backing when I prepare to reclaim my rightful throne. 

"yes its true you have a strong magic level but why not wait until your older to enlist".

"I have no other path its my duty to fight and protect the fatherland for all who live here and to make it safe for the empress when she returns. LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE LONG LIVE THE KAISERIN.

"LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE LONG LIVE THE KAISERIN". the soldiers and officers all said in unison

I smiled to myself so I have their loyalty even if they don't know who I truly am yet well watch out Vogel the empress is coming for you and being X I'll show you who was right here. 

AUTHORS NOTES: I hope you all liked this chapter and if you have any ideas for this story please share I'm open to suggestions. also again I own nothing all rights belong to the creators and owners of saga of Tanya the evil.