The Report

(Strategic HQ).

Rerugen was a good staff officer hard working and very dedicated. But it was his analytical and critical thinking that had given him a position on strategic HQ. He was hurrying to a most important strategy meeting and desperately hoping he was not late.

"Welcome colonel Rerugen your right on time like always."

"Thank you sir I have those reports form the front lines you asked for. The ones on Degurechauf." He said that last part more silently.

"Let's hear them then." Zettour says gesturing for the man to continue.

"Of course general. Our central unit was deployed to the western front which has caused a lull with the republic and our front stabilized. However before the central army arrived western command launched an offensive codenamed operation nightmare which succeeded in destroying a section of the republics line and advanced a section of the front by 6 miles. General Halder admits that his offensive would not have succeeded if it were not for the efforts of captain Degurechauf and her men." 

"Why does he say that." 

"Because her two companies of mages faced off against 2 full battalions of republic mages. They held out for 30 minutes until reinforcements arrived to clean up the mess. Captain Degurechauf scored 14 kills during that engagement alone."

"That's quite impressive."

"Is it true she is only 10."

"Yes sir it is." 

"How can one so young accomplish a feat some of our best trained soldiers have been unable to achieve."

"It's most likely due to her being the only mage capable of using the elenium type 95 computation jewel."

"Amazing is that all." 

"No sir. General Halder admitted that much of the planning and success on teh western front lately was due to a plan Tanya had proposed."

"So she is a good strategist and tactician."

"I believe so sir."

"Hmm what's her background?"

After 20 minuets of digging thorough some files Rerugen found what the general wanted.

"An orphan by birth tested for magic ability and was assigned to the local officers school and was made an instructor. When she was a 2nd lieutenant she was assigned to the Norden front and got 7 confirmed kills. after the engagement she was awarded the silver wings assault badge and iron cross 2nd class and was promoted to 1st lieutenant being given command of the 75th mage battalion." He began but was interrupted by a older general.

He had been listening intently but for some reason he could not take his eye of the appearance of the young girl for some reason. Then it hit him. 

'I apologize for interrupting but If I may point out and ask all of you does she not look familiar for some reason?" 

Many of the other officers in the room were confused by his question so he called for a young officer who he had recently taken under his wing and presented her to the others. The generals could clearly see that she was from the intelligence department and very nervous.

"Gentlemen may I present to you all 2nd Lieutenant Erya von hemmer. She graduated top of her class from cadets and was assigned to intelligence and she recently showed me something very interesting." Gesturing to her." Lieutenant please the picture."

"Yes sir." She says snapping to a salute.

the picture she showed was one of the old imperial family who had been assassinated. Soon many generals and officers were left shocked when they glanced at the picture and the one of Tanya. Immediately the room exploded into  chatter

"She looks just like the old empress." 

"So our true leader is on the frontlines?"

"We must get her back now." 

"Yes send men immediately to pick her up escort her." 

"We must restore her to her rightful place." 

Erya who had been listening quickly got everyone's attention." Generals I'm afraid that will be difficult."

"Why she must be returned to the capital at once it's our duty." 

"Yes it is but I must warn you all that she is being targeted." 

"who would dare target her." Rudersdorf asked angrily. He had been good friends with the old emperor so it was not shocking that he was very displeased with this information.

"The Chancellor wants her dead." Erya says with obvious anger in her voice.

AUTHORS NOTES: Get ready my readers for soon the power struggles will begin.