Chapter 6

Hailey's POV

"Mr. Aiden, I'm glad you could make it," Mr. Liam said as soon as we came in.

"I hope I didn't waste much of your time," Mr. Aiden says, offering his hand for a handshake.

Mr. Liam and Mr. Aiden sat opposite each other while i sat by the side.

"Did she arrive here already?" Mr. Aiden asked Mr. Liam.

"Yes she's here but I don't think she's seated already," Mr. Liam answered, and throughout their conversation, I just felt confused.

Is this how rich businessmen talk? Are they talking in codes or something because I can't seem to understand a bit of what of their saying. I just sat there looking around the restaurant. It's a nice restaurant and this is my first time being to one. I saw different dishes being served and suddenly by stomach ached for one. I really wish I could have one but this would cost more than my rent. The aroma coming from the delicious delicacies hit my nostrils and couldn't help but sniff it the more.

"And now for the signing of the papers," I hear Mr. Aiden say but I didn't hear any response from Mr. Liam.

He couldn't be talking to right? I wasn't here for any signing of papers.

I looked at him and saw him looking at me expectantly. I gave him a questioning look and within seconds, I see him turn from his normal mode to an angry one.

"Where are the papers Miss Hailey?" He asked angrily.

"P-Papers? I... I'm not with any papers sir." I could see him boiling in anger. What did he mean by papers? He didn't tell me to bring any papers. I didn't know I was supposed to bring any papers.

Oh my gosh!!

It must have been written on the schedule. I never actually went through the schedule. I must be the worst employee he has ever had. No doubt.

"Do you mean to say that you came here empty handed?" He's temper rising.

"I'm so s-sorry sir. I'll be back in a minute."

That was a big lie because there was no way I'll back right this second. I grabbed a tissue from the toilet and used it to clean the blood dripping from my foot.

"Excuse me please," I say, passing through the crowd. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Even with my injured foot, I still managed to run till I got to the building.

"Ava!!" I yelled, when I finally got to her floor.

"Stop yelling. You're causing a scene," she warned and I calmed down.

"Did you run?" She asked, seeing me panting. "Why were you screaming my name and distracting everyone from their work."

"The papers!" I don't have time to answer her questions.

"What papers?" She gasped when she knew what I was talking about. "Don't tell me you forgot to bring his papers." She shook her head when she didn't get any response from me. "How could you be so forgetful Hailey. It's written right there in the schedule."

"Oh! Ava. Please help me." I was breathing heavily. The pain in my foot increased and i screamed loudly.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming," she says and walks out. I wait nervously for her to come back.

Few minutes later, she comes back holding some papers in her hand.

"Here you go Miss Hailey," she hands me the papers.

"Thanks so much ava," I appreciated before running back to the restaurant.

"Here you go sir," I hand it over to him but not before he shoots me a glare and takes it forcefully without any complement.