It's a Misunderstanding

Summary: The Mortal Instruments/Criminal Minds

On a trip to the Mundane World, Alec is mistaken for the unsub the BAU has been looking for. He's apprehended and taken in for questioning. He has to rely on Magnus to get him out of the situation. 

Ships:

Malec

Clace

_____

Reid kept a close eye on the suspicious man in the club. He was tall with dark hair with tattoos marking his tan skin. He looked up from his place at the bar and almost made eye contact with Reid. Instead, his eyes locked onto someone behind Reid.

Reid subtly turned and saw a beautiful red-headed girl walk through the crowd. "Guys, I think I found our unsub," he murmured, blocking the movement of his mouth with his hand.

"Who is it?" Morgan asked.

"Tall, black hair, tattoos, and sitting at the bar."

"I see him," JJ said.

"He fits the profile. The victim said a tall black-haired man with tattoos," Prentiss added.

"Did she specify what kind of tattoos?" Hotch asked. "A lot of men have tattoos."

"Those tattoos don't look common," Prentiss pointed out.

"A young girl is talking to him right now," Reid said.

"Don't engage yet. Keep watching," Hotch ordered.

The guy smiled at the redhead when she approached. "Hello, Clary."

Reid sat at the bar, a few down from the suspected unsub, to hear better. "The girl has similar tattoos. Can that mean anything?"

"Hey, Alec. I haven't seen you for a while. How have you been?"

"Not bad. I've been busy helping Magnus plan all of his parties. Too many people have hit on me in the last two weeks. Although, it is entertaining seeing Magnus almost kill a Downworlder for touching me. Even though I am perfectly capable of defending my honor."

"I wish I could see that," Clary laughed.

"Come to Magnus' next party. I'm sure there will be another one soon."

"He's inviting her to a party. Could that be how he kidnaps them?" Reid whispered.

"It's likely. What else are they saying?" Morgan asked.

"They keep mentioning this guy Magnus. He's the one throwing the party."

"Maybe a partner?" JJ questioned.

"Keep listening," Hotch ordered. "We don't know anything for sure yet."

"Jace would enjoy that, I'm sure. He's been bored since we haven't had a good hunt lately."

"How is Jace?"

"He's fine. He's why I'm here."

"You interrupted my date with Magnus to talk about my brother?"

Clary blushed. "When you say it like that, it sounds bad."

"Our possible unsub's name is Alec. The girl is Clary. Alec has a brother named Jace." Reid related to his team.

"Any last names?"

"Not yet."

"Alexander Lightwood, you had better not be flirting with your brother's girlfriend," a voice drawls.