My Hearts Beats for You

Summary: The Mortal Instruments/What We Do in the Shadows

Laszlo receives an invite from an old friend, Magnus Bane, to a party celebrating his first anniversary. Of course, the rest of the vampiric household, including Guillermo, tag along. Problems arise when Guillermo meets the head of the Brooklyn Vampires and his boyfriend, and receives an offer to be turned into a vampire and join their clan.

Tired of Nandor's empty promises, Guillermo accepts. Nandor will do anything, including confessing his undying love, to convince Guillermo to stay with him. 

Ships:

Guillermo/Nandor

Laszlo/Nadja

Magnus/Alec

Simon/Raphael

Jace/Clary

_____

Guillermo is dusting the ancient picture frames and many dead animal carcasses hung on the walls of the fancy room when the softly crackling fire blazes to life, spitting sparks everywhere. He yelps, dropping his duster.

His survival instincts kick and he ducks behind a couch until the fire goes back to normal. Cautiously, he peaks over the back of the couch. Nothing is out of the ordinary. No smoke wafts from a burning cushion and no soot covers any surface. It is almost as if Guillermo imagined the blaze, except for one thing.

He grabs his duster as protection and creeps closer to the fireplace. Sitting innocuously on the hot coals is a scroll tied with a purple ribbon. Guillermo exchanges his duster for a fire poker and nudges the miraculously unburned scroll from the fireplace.

He crouches next to the scroll, holding his palm above it, checking if it is safe to touch. The scroll doesn't give off heat, so Guillermo pokes it with one finger. He flinches, expecting to be burned. He isn't. The scroll feels no different than the paper Guillermo is used to.

He picks it up and inspects the writing which is more chicken scratch than anything. He can't make out most of it, but Laszlo's name is definitely there. Guillermo puts the fire poker and duster back in their places before looking for Laszlo.

The last thing Guillermo heard about Laszlo's whereabouts was he and Nadja were working on new music, meaning Guillermo will see more of his pseudo-bosses than he wants to, or he'll get an earful of their godawful songs. Neither option is preferable.

Lucky for him, Laszlo is teaching Baby Colin Robinson how to play piano with Nadja nowhere in sight. Guillermo knocks on the doorframe and fidgets slightly when Laszlo glares at him.

"What do you want, Gizmo? Can't you see I'm busy?" Laszlo gestures to the toddler sitting on his lap.

"It's Guillermo," Guillermo corrects for the fifth today.

"I don't care. What do you want?"

Guillermo holds the scroll out. "You got a letter or something from the fire."

Laszlo tosses Colin onto the floor with how quickly he stands up. "Give me that," he orders. He snatches the scroll from Guillermo, tears the ribbon off, and devours the contents with his eyes. "Fuck yes!" he shouts, gleeful.

Guillermo helps Colin to his feet and lifts him into his arms when Colin pouts. "What is it?"

Laszlo ignores him. "Nadja," he shouts as he leaves the room. "Nadja my dear, find your fanciest dress. We have a party to go to."

Laszlo continues yelling until Nadja and the other house residents congregate in the foyer. "What is it, Laszlo?" Nadja gripes. "I was busy."

"With what?" Nandor asks. "Staring at your reflection?"