First School Day Pt.1

"In class C we have Alice Bergenhamn, Ava Bluestock,  Bob Cisco, Bella Clear..."  said the professor going on and on as the student walked down to line up.

"Then we have Demetrius Desmond and Anita Moore..." said the professor loud and clear. When I heard "Anita" I rushed down to stand in the line and locked eyes with my target.

"Why is this commoner looking at me"  Demetrius was thinking in his head.

I became a bit irritated, but I focused on my goal and stayed calm while smiling at him.

Demetrius then just turned his head, now facing the professor.

"Follow me, fellow students!" said our homeroom teacher Mr. Powell.

As we were following Mr. Powell in a straight line, I suddenly felt a hand poking my shoulder. I turned my head facing my head towards this person.

"Hello! My name is Naoko Broadbent. What's yours?"

I already knew who she was, my guardians Miss. and Mr. Moore,  had shown me a piece of paper full of names of people attending my school. They said to me "keep an eye on these people and become friends with them, they have connections with the Desmond's. Ya'know what they say, 'keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'." One of the persons listed on that sheet of paper was Naoko Broadbent. 

Naoko Broadbent, daughter of the famous creator of the fashion company  "Darling x Darling" known for making the most fashionable but also comfiest clothes made out of a special fabric they create at their company. They worked with Donovan Desmond on a big project and now they are good business partners.

I need to be on good terms with Naoko if I want to succeed in this mission. She can also be my backup plan If both plan A and plan B fail.

"Hello! Nice to meet you! My name is Anita Moore. I am also new student at this school. I'm pretty nervous!" I said in a warm convincing tone.

"Yeah, same here! I was so nervous last night that I stayed awake all night watching k-dramas! I watched this k-drama which was SO good/.../ And when it was morning I looked at myself in the mirror and I had HUGE under bags! I used this eye cream to get rid of it and it worked so amazingly! You can barely see my under bags anymore. It's called..."  she just kept on and kept on saying garbage I didn't need to know to succeed my mission. So I just pretended I listened. It was so annoying. 

I was so bored that I chose to hear what Demetrius was thinking.

"I wonder what my brother is doing right now, probably goofing around like the silly kid he is..." he thought. I don't know what it was but at that moment my heart melted and I started to imagine what my sister was doing right now and if she was happy. It broke my heart thinking that I couldn't be with my sister. Demetrius can see his brother every time he comes home, there is nothing stopping him from doing that. But me... I haven't even seen my sister once in my entire life! I just wanted to know if my sister was safe, and I  hoped that she didn't need to go through all the things I had to, just to survive.

At that moment I just froze. I just froze. My head was filled with the thoughts of being with  my sister, that we could've lived happily together if it weren't for these twisted scientists.

"Anita why did you stop? The line is moving! We need to get going!" said Naoko screaming in my ear. She saw that I didn't move so she continued on, ignoring me.

My eyes were starting to fill with tears, thinking about Anya, hoping that she didn't need to go through the pain I suffered.

"Hey, start moving  you snail!" said Demetrius, but then he saw the tears streaming down my face one by one. He was the only one that waited, the rest continued on, not stopping for a hinder in their way.

"Hey, are you alright? said Demetrius in a soft tone.

That was the first time someone asked me if I was alright, and I suddenly started tearing up more, then I took a big step and hugged Demetrius. I don't know what it was, but at that moment my target felt like the safest place to let out all my emotions I had held in for all these years.

At first he was shocked but then his tenseness eased up and he patted me on the head like a little kid.  I didn't feel offended, I felt safe and comfy, like I was protected from the memories of my past and resting from all the pressure I had on my shoulders.

"She is just like a child" Demetrius thought, looking at me with soft down turned eyes. 

After a minute he released me from his grasp. That was the  first time in my life I felt safe, but I didn't know that feeling back then.