➩𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Song: Flawless - The neighbourhood𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲𖤓𖤓𖤓

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲
𖤓𖤓𖤓

My surroundings freeze to ice, leaving me speechless in the car where I could have died just a few minutes ago. My eyes blur out everything, everything but the deadly weapon lying in-front of me.

Yet it's not fear that overcomes me, curiosity maybe?

Interest?

Without thinking, my hand comes in contact with the weapon, wrapping my hand around the handle and picking it up. I gulp as I examine it, wondering why the hell he would need a gun loose in his bag, could he be more careless?

In the corner of my eye I see his silhouette approaching the car, but it's too late for me to act like I didn't witness a murder weapon fall out of this man's bag when he opens the car door and sits down in his seat.

His mouth opens to speak, but nothing leaves his throat when he sees the item occupying my hands. His entire body stills and for the first time since I've met him he almost looks, panicked? Like he actually doesn't know what to do.

"Interesting." I mutter, repeating the words he said to me the first day we met when he found my vibrator laying proud in my drawer. I guess we're even now? I mean him finding that was definitely equally as mortifying.

"Li-"

I ignore him, placing the gun back in his bag then returning to sit comfortably in my seat.

"Lily." He starts, looking away for a second like he's trying to figure out what to say.

"Just drive. Drive and pretend this never happened. I'll go mad about it later I can't be bothered right now." I interrupt him again, exhaling as my head falls to the car window.

His unexplainable expression stays the same for a moment before he starts up the car again and drives off. "I'm not going to hurt you."

My head shoots up from the window, "what?"

"If you think I'm planning on shooting your brains out in your sleep, as tempting as it could be, I won't." He goes back to his dark and annoying self.

I roll my eyes, "gee thanks, that really helps." A pause. "Never mind, are we going to talk about how I almost just died like 5 minutes ago? It seems it slipped your mind."

"The guy was wasted, he could hardly talk but he looked pretty young so I called an ambulance for him. He should be fine."

"Hm, I didn't see you do that." I cross my arms over my chest and lean back in my seat.

He lets out a breathy chuckle, "because you were to busy playing treasure hunt in my bag."

"I'm not the one with a gun in my work bag." I snap.

"I don't use it, its just.. precautions" he says as he parks the car by my building.

I grab my bag and climb out of the car as quickly as possible, "I honestly don't care about the gun Enzo, everyone needs something to keep them safe."