Chapter 4

Chapter 4: The way too exaggerated punishment

(Songs to listen to while reading: For The Love Of A Daughter  {by Demi Lovato}, The Man {by Taylor Swift)

Since father and Draco left, I had to go with them. These will be great remaining holiday weeks. I have done so much today, which is a sin of death in the eyes of my family.

"Draco, go to your room, Lilith, come immediately into my office!" Father said, as angry as never.

"But-"

"I said immediately!" He yelled. I slowly started moving. It scared me when he yelled at me. This meant that something bad will happen right away. Especially that I had to go to his office. Not even Draco is allowed in there. I sat down on the chair in the office and looked around. Many papers and files. A death eater mask was also here. Everything was perfectly organised. The room scared me terribly. I clutched the chair to lean. The door was opened and slammed close again. I knew that I was in trouble, I knew it damn well. Because of the slamming door, I flinched. "You get involved with blood traitors, mud- and half-bloods and pulled the name Malfoy publicly through the dirt. I couldn't be more disappointed in you, Lilith. You know what happens if you are not obedient. Nevertheless, you don't seem to mind embarrassing the Malfoys. It's time for you to learn who you have to respect. I am the adult, you the child. Draco is older, you are younger. He is-"

"Stupid and I'm smart? Thank you, I knew that." I said, breaking up his monologue about respect. Never in my life would I respect that man. He doesn't respect me, so I don't have to respect him either. Father sat down opposite me.

"Just pay attention to what you say, Lilith. I can make your life hell." He threatened.

"Your existence is already making my life hell." I said calmly and saw veins of anger forming on his forehead. He tried to calm down for the time being.

"You will treat me, your brother and this family with respect from now on, because we will always have more power over you than you over us. What I was just about to say...Your brother is a boy and you are a girl. I'm a man and you're just a stupid little girl. You will never achieve as much as I did or as your brother will. And without me, you won't have anything in life."

IV: This is the most sexist and misogynistic thing I have ever heard. Lily, you can't put up with that. And you can't believe him a word either.

I won't. Why should I believe that? I can stand on my own feet without him or some pure-blood man. Thinking otherwise is stupid. I am independent.

IV: Exactly. And you can also achieve anything. You are smart. You'll definitely become an Auror or something like that.

An Auror? No, not for me.

IV: I just saying. Would suit you.

Well, if you say so...Hey, since when do we get along with each other?

IV: Since Lucius has old-fashioned views on women.

Then we would actually have to thank him for that.

It is probably strange to think about such topics at eleven, as they seem complex and rather important for older people, but I have nothing else to do, although I think father's way of thinking more than wrong. Also, you can't start with that too soon; the sooner as you know, how unfair the world still is, the better, because then you can work against that. Then you are not too used to all those role models, I guess. I don't even know, when I first heard or read about the definition of feminism, I just remember that the word always seemed so important to me, even before I knew any definition.