whiskey bottles

"Is the skirt too short?" Navya asked her best friend, Millie through the mirror.

"Well, if you want to know, yes. It is!"

"Thanks Mils. But who cares? I will still wear it."

"Whatever. Lets go now!"

Millie almost dragged the brunette out of the room. As the two came out of their apartment and walked down the street, Navya's phone started to ring. She took it out of her pocket and frowned.

"Yes, Jenna?" Navya spoke.

"Hey Navs!"

"Its Navya! How come you called?"

"I am coming over for tonight. Its an emergency!"

"Ugh! I can take this anymore, Jenna. You never tell anything beforehand," Navya grumbled.

"Sorry. Will do, next time!"

"Fine! Hang up now!"

Without looking at her phone, Navya shoved it in her pocket and looked at Millie, who had a sour expression on.

"Now what happened to you, Mils?"

"Are we still going to the musicals?"

"Of course! We are."

"But Jenna is coming over!"

"She does that most of the time! We will be back before she comes!"

Millie flashed her best friend a smile as the two strolled to the entrance of the musicals. Navya got to the drinks stall to get a few bottles as Millie looked over to a couple of boys, ignoring the calls she had been receiving from William.

"Mils! Your phone is ringing?" Navya nudged her.

"Why does he call me in these times?" Millie scoffed and picked the call.
"He was cute. The one in that yellow hoodie!" Millie tried to point but Navya playfully glared at her.

"Yeah he is! Why did William called? You have to go?"

"Navs, I am so sorry. Yeah, I have to go."

"So no musicals this week!"

"I am really sorry! Okay I will take you to the club tomorrow night! Promise!"

"Its okay. You go to the agency! See you tonight."

Navya hugged her beat friend and strolled to their apartment holding the whiskey bottles. She unlocked the doors and slammed the bottles on the table and laid on the sofa, looking at the purple coloured ceiling.

This was the second time this week, Millie had to go for her work, leaving musicals, which they both went daily on the weekdays.
And its been three months since Navya resigned. She looked for a job but wasnt satisfied.
She missed her old job, her jeans and jackets, her guns, whiskey with Millie and Kate every night. Her life was good, she was happy. Navya thinks of joining the agency again but one thought stops her always.

The loud knockings on the door, made Navya wake up from her untimely nap. She rubbed her eyes and groaned annoyed at the impatient comer.

"Why the fuck are you knocking so much?" Navya snapped as she opened the door.

"Sorry. . . sorry," Jenna walked in as Navya crossed her hands over her chest.

"So what emergency came up?"

"Well its nothing. Actually I had no money. . . and needed a place to stay for a night."

"Jenna! I am gonna fucking kill you!" Navya yelled. "H-how is she?"

"Who?"

"You know who?" Navya raised an eyebrow.

"Oh! Lydia is fine."

"I told you not to take her name. Who is with her now?"

"Dont worry. Julian is with her."

"I am not worried about her. I just wanna know."

"Yes. . . yes."

"And you will leave my place first next morning, okay?"

"Alright, dont worry."

"I am going to take a shower."

"Sure. This is your house after all," Navya mocked.

"I heard that."

"Of course. You got ears!"

"He was strangled first. . ."

"Then why the fuck did they cut his wrists?"

Louis looked up from the file and took a sip from his hip flask as William and Millie talked about the body.

"The killer has a pattern. Firstly they beat up the target, then strangle to death and then cut their wrists," Louis explained.

"But its the sixth murder in this four months. We need to find the killer soon," Millie muttered.

"But we dont have enough agents. Some are in the sports duty, some are in undercover."

"Who will we take from other stations?"

"And no one cares of this whole serial killing situation."

"And even if they get this, no one wants to work in this case."

"We need another person, in our team," William spoke up.

"As in?" Louis eyed his friend.

"Someone who is experienced and wants to do this willingly."

"I know someone," Millie mumbled.