𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝟡 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕤

Finding Bruce Wayne at your place of work was rather surprising. You felt bad looking at him; he was a total mess after what the Riddler revealed to the public about his family. Although it seems like the Wayne's deserved it, you still felt bad for the surviving Wayne. Before, you thought Bruce might have thought himself too good for the public—he was never out, never did anything with his money, didn't do anything. Now, things were different. The way he interacted with you at the funeral changed everything. He was not above anyone; he treated you, someone who people like Falcone take advantage of, with respect and kindness. The assumption that he didn't want to be out in the public because he was too good for anyone was wrong; you could see that he was just slightly awkward and introverted. 'Maybe I'll have to give him a call later,' you thought. 'But not right now. I have to find Selina.'

Selina was supposed to find Batman—she had thought of a plan that they could use to find Kenzie, so she was grabbing him. 'Just don't make any moves without me,' Batman's voice echoed in your head. You touched your lips as you remembered your kiss that you shared shortly after. As you were heading out of the building to meet Selina at the bat signal, you found her leaning against the alleyway outside of the building. She was fuming.

"He's not there," she shouted, frustrated. "I've waited for hours—he never showed!"

"Maybe he's just busy—"

"I say we do this without him," she decided. "Probably easier too. That asshole has to pay now."

Honestly, you thought that you really should wait for Batman. "Selina," you said gently, hoping to calm her down. "Remember what happened last time? At the recycling plant?" Selina arched her brow. "Last time we did something without him, we almost died."

"Yeah, well, you live and you learn. So what, you backing out too?"

"No—"

"Then come one, let's go. I've already thought up an alternative plan while I was waiting for the dick to show up."

You found yourself back into the club and applying a fresh swipe of lipstick as you approached the 44 Below entrance. Kenzie was there guarding the door, eyes already on you and staring hungrily.

"Hey, sugar," he greeted cheerfully. "Haven't seen you for a while. You working tonight?"

"No, I just got off," you giggled. "I was hoping on catchin' a ride home..."

"Well if you need a ride, I can pay a taxi for—"

"...with you." You batted your eyes and picked at his sleeve. "Please?"

Whatever internal battle Kenzie had with himself was short lived because he gave in rather quickly. "Ah, what the hell. Just let me grab my keys and ask one of the guys to take my place. I get off in 15 minutes anyways." He returned to you, eagerly. "Let's go, baby."

Taking his hand, he followed as you led the way. He was getting rather handsy. The twin bodyguards let out a whistle as they saw you leave with Kenzie; you flashed them a smile. The alley was pretty dark—no street lights—and you were gonna ask him something before he suddenly pushed you against the wall.

"I don't think I can wait that long," he huffed. "I've been eyeing you for a loooong time now. Be a good girl and—" His feet slid back from beneath him, causing him to drop to the ground hard. He let out a wheeze.

"What—!"

Before he could make another remark, you quickly covered his mouth and wrapped your arm around his neck. You only let up once he passed out.