𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟: 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

=============================================================================

There was no speaking between the two of you as you parked your motorcycles. You didn't have to talk—it was like you could read her thoughts. Checking the clip in the gun that she took, she put it back into her bag after inspecting the rounds. Getting off the bikes, you undressed out of your catsuits, revealing your work attire underneath. Selina slipped on her wig that she had with her in her bag, taking only a few seconds to smooth it down. You made your way inside.

"Can you tell Mr. Falcone I'd like to come up?" Selina asked the man guarding the elevator door. He jerked his chin to the side and made a dismissive gesture to her.

"She can go, you stay. He ain't seein' nobody tonight," he said, waving you forward.

"Tell him it's about Annika." The man straightened his back, his face darkened. Mumbling into his ear piece, he finally let you both pass. Mr. Falcone greeted you both when the elevator doors opened to his floor.

"Heyyy, look who it is, huh?"

"Sorry to bother you, Mr. Falcone," you apologized, placing a kiss on his cheek as you met him halfway.

"Nah, it's fine, gorgeous. You're always welcome, you know that," he chuckled. "And please, it's Carmine to you."

"I was hoping we could talk to you for a minute?"

"Absolutely."

Selina eyed the other men in the room. "Alone?" He snapped his fingers and everyone cleared. He led you both into the lounge area to sit.

"What's this all about, huh? You need somethin'? Cash?" Falcone sat across from the two of you. "I'll get you anything you need, doll."

"Actually, Mr. Fal—Carmine," you gave him a weak smile. "My friend is worried sick and I didn't know what to do, so I brought her to the only person I thought could help..." Carmine had a sly look on his face as he leaned closer.

"Oh, is that right? Well you came to the right place. What you girls need?"

"We can't find Annika anywhere. It's like she just disappeared!" you exclaimed, faux tears in your eyes. Carmine leaned back into his chair. His face dropped for a second before he replaced it with a carefree facade.

"I'm—I'm just so worried," Selina choked out, letting out a few fake tears of her own. "I don't know where she is. I know you're a very important man from what she's told me—" Selina gestured to you, "—and I was hoping you could help me find her. I mean she's been gone so long, I'm starting to think she might be..." Selina let out a few sniffles as you patted her back comfortingly. "I'm sorry..." You looked at Falcone with pleading eyes.

"It's okay," he said. "I understand. Here." He offered her tissues but she declined.

"No, that's okay, I have a tissue." Selina slowly reached for the gun in her purse as you distracted him.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Carmine. Nobody knew anything or wanted to help—"

"Mr. Falcone?"

"Vinny!" Falcone yelled at the man who interrupted. "Didn't I tell ya?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Falcone. I really think you're gonna want to see this."

Falcone looked back at you. "I'm sorry, beautiful," he apologized. "I'll be right back so we can continue." You and Selina gave each other a hardened look as he walked away into another room. So close.

The voicemail that Annika had left Selina could be overheard from where you were sitting. As if empowered by her voice, Selina carefully strided over to the man, gun pointed. You placed yourself behind the wall, hidden from the men's view, ready for whatever was about to happen.