32

Nayeon knocked on Jeongyeon's office door. Even if the girl was surprised that she still had one, since she never spent time there.

-Come in.- Nayeon opened the door and personally took care of locking it. -I thought it was my secretary. What happened to her?

-She went to the toilet. You know, she has the right too.

-What do you want?

-You know what? Tzuyu told me to hit on you, yet I didn't do it because we had already had an episode that brought us to where we are now, I didn't want to aggravate the situation. And then hit on you of my own free will? Oh no. With D.O. it's over now, what do I have anymore? Ah yes, I have feelings, I have a female best friend and a male best friend, I have a clothing company and a car company, I have a family and I will definitely find someone very soon. What do you have instead? Poverty of soul, disposable girls, clubs full of alcohol and hotels full of screaming poor victims, as you name them. So, go, tell everyone what I did. I'm tired of this war. I want to go back to my normal life. And who knows, maybe a scandal will help me gain even more visibility. Or maybe no one will believe you, given your reputation. Or maybe they will support me given the deceived girls. Okay, maybe you told them it would never be anything serious but some of them believed it.

Jeongyeon observed Nayeon for a good handful of seconds. -Are you done?

Nayeon shook her head, turned, opened the door and walked out of that office.

🫧

-So the was is over?- asked Tzuyu while eating some chips.

-I was tired. Let her do what she wants.

-Right. So, shopping?

-I have to work.

-Right. I have an appointment in two hours too.

There was a knock and Nayeon allowed to enter. Kelly was holding a package. -There's a package for you.

-Okay, give it to me.

Tzuyu was super curious. -Maybe it's D.O.

-I don't think so, Tzu. I told you how angry and disappointed he was.- She glared at Kelly. -You can go now.-When Kelly left, the girl opened the package. -Cassettes? Who uses them anymore?- She ​​also picked up the paper about them. -The war is done in two. If you give up, it's no longer fun. Here are all the recordings of when the mysterious pink haired girl and I met at my hotel. Don't worry, I don't have any other copies. I hope we can resume having only professional relationships from now on.

-I don't believe it... The war is officially over.

-I don't know... With your sister you never know.

-This is also true.

Nayeon placed the letter in the box and placed it on the ground. -Did she talk to Minhyuk?

-And you think that pickle convinced her? Jeong is weird, you know.

-Yes, and a lot.

-She made you break up with D.O., she got what she wants, she can be satisfied. Now you two should focus on your business. In recent times you have done everything but collaborate.

-I don't know if we'll suddenly start to be excellent partners but we'll see what we can do.

-And now that you no longer have D.O. what will you do with in the evening?

-Can you stop distracting me?

-What a temper... See you later, I'm going to the appointment.

-But isn't it in two hours?

-Yes, but I would have more fun with Minhyuk than with you when you work.

-...So you really gave up?

Jeongyeon frowned. -I didn't give up, I was simply bored. I got what I wanted, that's enough.

-Better because you two made quite a mess. Jieun obviously doesn't know anything, right?

-Obviously not.

-What are you and Tzu doing for thanksgiving?

-I think the usual: we have lunch in the hope that our mother will return from Cuba and my father will bring me a shirt. What do you want us to do? She will stay and eat all the delicacies prepared by Jihyo and I... What will you do?

-Here... Since I argued with my parents, I don't think we'll spend Thanksgiving with them this year. What are we doing? Nay told me I can go to her. Maybe you could come too.

-But why are we already talking about it? Nayeon's party comes first.

-You mean your birthday.- Minhyuk said confused.

-No, I'm referring to Halloween.

-Which is the day after tomorrow. How quickly time passes... I'm throwing a party here at the club, I think you'll do the same.

-Yes, but I don't know if I'll go. Maybe I'll stop by your place.

-Well, your sister and Nay will be there too.

-Good for them.

listening to guts by olivia rodrigo