Chapter 1: Subterfuge at Dawn with a Meddling Anti-Miscreant.

Synopsis: Cipheros and The Balladeer plot and put their mischievous plan into action, whereas Mona and the rest of the Favonius are discussing the sudden discreet appearance of the two harbingers.

-----

-----

'I require Acting Grandmaster Jean. This instant! ' Mona huffed, her arms stiff at her side as she stomped her foot like a child whining for a doll. 'Ma'am, stay calm. The Acting Grandmaster is currently busy, and is unable to--' The knight was cut off by the astrologer. 'It's an emergency! I can tell you about your future in exchange! No mora needed, promise!' She pleaded, clasping her hands together. 'Once again, ma'am. I seriously cannot let you in at this hour--'

The doors flew open. A girl with blonde hair tied in a ponytail with blue ribbons swayed gently by her shoulder. Tired blue eyes sternly stared at the guards in abhor as she walked down the steps. 'Mona, what seems to be the problem? You look stressed.' Mona jutted her hip out, sticking her hand on her waist. 'There are two Fatui Harbingers discreetly roaming the city as we speak. I fear they're up to no good." She pointed behind her, in the direction of her house.

Jean's face flickered with shock before returning to normal. 'Knights, stay alert. We can't risk anything as of now.'

The knights firmly nodded as Mona and Jean walked to her office. The door creaked open as the two made their way to a table with 4 chairs surrounding it. Mona took a seat in the chair, her back facing the bookshelf, whilst Jean closed the door behind her and shut it. The room bathed in moonlight, the books on both the table and the office desk stacked higher than one of Amber's arrows. 'So, Mona, what happened?'

'Well, I was surveying outside through my window when I spotted two figures skulking along the city's walls. I have no idea how they managed to slip in, as I only noticed them through my window. I recognized one of them; it was the Balladeer. Sadly, I didn't have sufficient time to decipher the details of the second Harbinger, and thus I ran to inform you of my findings.'

'Ah,' Jean pursing her lip. 'Do you know what their intentions are?' Mona crossed her legs, her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to think. 'Well, er... no. But they were definitely ill. Ah, you see, I've run into that pesky Balladeer all too many times, and in each instance, he meddled in some sort of way. He and that other man are up to no good. I can sense it.' Mona nodded, putting her hands on her knees. Jean looked at the bookshelf in front of them in disarray. 'If only the traveller were here. She and Paimon would be of great assistance.'

The astrologist agreed, and soon the two started discussing what they'd do about the situation.

'At dawn, I'll bring over Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa to further develop this plan. Go get some rest, Mona.'