Chapter 2: Confront and Apprehend with a Glass of Dandelion Wine.

Synopsis: Amber progresses significantly, and the Favonius figure out a plan to stop the two harbingers.

-----

-----

Amber bolted into Jean's office, with Kaeya ambling behind her. The door banged against the wall from the sheer amount of pressure she opened the door with. Amber abruptly stopped in front of the desk. Her hair was dishevelled and sprinkled with dirt, leaves, and twigs. Mona and Lisa whipped their heads around as she spoke, Kaeya eventually standing next to the enthusiastic outrider.

'Jean! Lisa! Mona! ' She shouted. 'One of the Knights who guarded the back entrance of Mondstadt has been found lying unconscious! Master Diluc found him a while ago, lying faint on the ground outside the gate. We suspect this is how the Fatui entered Mondstadt!' She said, worriedly. 'Do you know anything about how he ended up like that?' Mona said, getting up from her chair. 'Yes, actually!' Amber held her balled-up fist against her heart, nodding. 'Master Diluc informed me that it had something to do with the power of Electro, but he refused to tell me anything else because he didn't believe the Favonius was tactful enough to "handle it".'

Kaeya chuckled, 'Classic Diluc. I'm still surprised he bothered to tell us about the cause of injury in the first place,' Jean sighed. 'At least we know now. Anything else, Amber?'

'Yes, actually! We think we found the Harbinger's current residency. We can finally make a plan! Any updates on your side?' Amber said enthusiastically, her serious frown slowly curving into an energetic smile. 'Mona's figured out what their intentions are.'

'Oh? How did that come to be?' Kaeya asked intriguingly, tilting his head to the side. 'Well, we sent Lisa to confront some Fatui agents at the Grand Goth Hotel. Although we were denied entry, she managed to...' 'Calmly confront, dear.' 'Calmly confront some Fatui members outside the hotel. We managed to figure out that there's something in Mondstadt city that's very important to the Tsaritsa.' Jean spoke, her voice as firm as steel as she did so. Mona stood up from her chair, turning around to face the Outrider.

'Do you know what exactly that important something is?' Amber asked. 'Well, I know for a fact that it's an artefact of some sort. Although we don't know its origins or uses, it's somewhere in the city, and we need to protect it at all costs.' Mona set her hands on her hips before turning to Jean, who started to speak. 'If they've sent the 6th Harbinger, it's definitely not a priceless relic they're hunting. For now, we just put our guards up, and let them strike first.'

-----

'We should strike first.'

'Strike first? At whom?'

'The Favonius, obviously. They're onto us.'

The room fell silent. The city's usual commotion lessened as the moon rose, the only sounds notable being the clinking of glasses and hearty laughter from the drunkards at the Cats Tail and Angels share. Y/N and Scaramouche were currently in Scara's bedroom, both out of their Mondstadt wear and on the bed, their legs off the mattress and hovering over the floor. 'Cipheros, how do you know they're onto us?' Scaramouche's voice was stern as if he were scolding an idiotic child who had just made a grave mistake. Well, in his eyes, he was scolding an idiotic child who had just made a grave mistake.

'I was eating at Good Hunter earlier toda-'

'You were out? In the open? How much of an imbecile are you?!' Scaramouche's dangling legs immediately stomped on the ground as he got up in a hurry. 'Will you relax?! I was wearing a copy of your outfit. There's no way they recognized me. That Kaeya person must have seen me as a mere civilian and decided to ask me if I'd seen anything related to the Fatui.'

'Kaeya? Wasn't he someone you were blabbering on about like a fool whilst you were doing your research? Huh. Maybe sticking your nose into books before travelling was a good idea.' The Balladeer muttered. 'Scaramouche? Admitting something I did was right?' He chuckled, watching as his colleague's hands balled up into fists, 'I didn't admit to anything.'

'Either way, Sixth. Make haste. Morrow at dawn, you set off to Springvale to aggravate and catch the Favonius' attention. Then, I sneak off into the HQ, acquire the artefact, and dash out of there.' Y/N hopped onto his feet as well, sticking his hands in his pockets as he spoke. '...Fine. Just don't get caught, Cipheros. I know how powerless you are. You had trouble defeating a Mitachurl. A. MITACHURL! Seriously, how weak must one be to be this useless when stripped of their powers? I can't believe Columbina is lower than you, scum.'

'Hey, you're a lower rank than me too. Don't talk to your superiors that way, puppet. I could easily get the Tsaritsa on my side, I just, simply... Don't want to.' He stuttered, looking away before glancing back at the smirking hat-man in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Y/N smugly. 'REGARDLESS, Sixth, go sleep. Wake up by 5 tomorrow, we have a long day ahead of us.'

...

Tsk, he didn't even bother to wake me up, did he? Y/N thought, rubbing his eyes as he yawned, smacking his lips right after. The blazing hot sun woke him up, shining right into his face and irritating his pupils. He muttered something to himself as he smacked his forearm on his forehead, sighing. That damn hat-head. He thought to himself, using his elbows to push himself into a sit. Scaramouche had set off to Springvale to check on a few arrangements, but he was supposed to be back by 7 AM. From the looks of it, it was almost 12. Y/N wasn't worrying. Well, that is, until he noticed two Mondstadt outfits in the closet, which was slightly open. They were both neatly folded on top of each other. That wasn't right.

That damn puppet left with his Fatui attire on?!-- We're doomed. This is it.

Y/N groaned loudly, swinging his legs off the bed and stomping onto the wood planks. He stormed over to the closet, swinging the doors open, ignoring how the hinges pulled them back in. The wooden closet had two hangers latched onto a metal rod that went from one wall to the other, one hanger hosting his clothes and the other empty. Y/N then looked down at the two neatly folded Mondstadt clothes, sighing. I can't do anything about it now, can I? ... Maybe this is good for us. He'll still end up catching the Favonius' attention. Y/N thought to himself, trying to reason with the mini version of Scaramouche in his head, screaming at him. I should get ready, and make food. 

Wait, I don't know how to cook. God fuuuuCCKING DAMNIT-

-----

A/N: er.... this one is a little short, hhh... Yeaaahhahaha sorry for htat, but, i wanted the next chapter to have all the pew pew action, so i guess you'll have to wait for a climax lmao