Dream

A dark figure. A familiar one.

"why are you always late..."

Huh? That voice.. Is that--

"They hurt me hyung, I am in so much pain"

"hyunie?"

"Hyung... It hurts hyung... Please help me... Where are you..."

"I'm- I'm here hyunie. Hyung is right here. I'm going to help you this time"

It's fading away. No.. he's not fading away. It's.. the Darkness! The Darkness is swallowing my little brother. No. No. Please! Not again!

"hyung...I'm scared"

NO!

-

Jimin jolts awake, sweating profusely and eyes shifting to every corners of the room, looking for... a trace of Him.

Again. He couldn't reach him again. Jimin looks down at his hand and finds them shivering. He closes his eyes and feels the erratic pounding of his heart.

Strange. He stopped getting these nightmare long time ago.

Disoriented, he gets up and realises that it's still dark out.

'I won't be able to sleep after that either way. Might as well go for a run'

-

"Good Morning Jimin! Quite early today?" Chirped Jimin's favourite barista, Robin.

"Good Morning! Yeah, couldn't sleep"

"Nightmares?"

Jimin simply nodded.

Robin Campbell. Jimin's hero, literally.

After finding Jimin having a panic attack during ungodly hours, not only did she calmed him down expertly but she practically carried him home.

Soon, they both bonded over traumatic childhood (which explained how she knew right away what to do in that situation) and some coffee. Since then, Robin has become one of his closest friend.

"Again? Need extra shot?" Robin quirks an eyebrow towards the expresso machine.

"Oh please" Jimin replies, visibly desperate.

"You got it, boss" Robin enthusiastically responds and Jimin feels a twinge of guilt for feeling so peaceful.

-

Jimin sits near the entrance of the shop, slowly sipping his beverage and watches Robin interacting with the customers and can't help but imagine his brother in her spot.

It was his dream. Not something as grand as having a famous coffee shop but to make coffee for Jimin everyday, just the way he likes it.

Knowing how his thinking always starts sweet but ends sour, Jimin stops reminiscing and looks outside.

He sees his neighbour, still in their pjs and bed hair, walking half asleep with their dog.

The granny that lives across him, enter the cafe and notices Jimin and immediately smile at him.

He smiles back, greeting her good morning.

Just everyday things.

Hmm. Something's wrong. I can fee-

An alarm pulls Jimin from his thoughts and he gasps after realising what was wrong. He hits his forehead with his palm a few times before hurrying towards the exit.

Robin watches Jimin gulping down the coffee and practically run out the door, from her peripheral vision and chuckles to herself.

'Bet he forgot something' She thinks.

'Ting!'

Robin feels the vibration of a message but is only able to check it after the traffic slows down.

Min | 7:15 am
srry, gtg
late for job

Robin shakes her head in disbelief and goes back to her work.

-

'Always! It's always when you're late that there's no appropriate outfit' Jimin complaints to himself, rummaging through his closet in his bathroom robe, hair still dripping wet from the shower.

After deciding on the fit, he hurries into the bathroom again and turns the hair dryer on and starts multitasking. From his hair to face to outfit, he successfully leaves the bathroom, fully ready, in record time.

Still not getting a rest, he tip toes around the messy room, picking up some of the clothes that's clean and putting back.

Jimin looks around and gets a bag, packing few snacks and appropriate books, for the little kid and some protein bars for himself.

With that, he scans the room one last time before rushing out the door.

◇─◇─♡─◇─◇

Thank you for
reading!

- RiRi