𝟑. 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

Two weeks had passed since I realised that Remington Astor saw me as nothing more than a little girl

Two weeks had passed since I realised that Remington Astor saw me as nothing more than a little girl. A child who he had seen grow and a spawn to him just like Creighton. I realised that he would never look at him with the same intensity with which I look at him.

All he ever thinks about is me being a jealous little sister who stalks him because of that one promise he gave me when we played together.

'Reemi can I be your bride when we are big?'

'Of course little jailbait.'

'Promise?'

'Promise on your pretty snicker bars and my dark chocolate ones.'

He forgot.

I didn't. That was the mistake. He grew up. I did not. I was and will always be a child to him.

"What is going on in that pretty dark brain, little Cole? Oh wait you are not a petty little bitch... but I guess the name can't be changed after seventeen years of naming you now can it?" Uncle Aiden drawled while he moved his bishop. I narrowed my eyes at him. His face a wall of impenetrable emotions. Not the slightest twitch in his eye.

He was in his "Sociopath" mode.

"King... you should be the petty one." Dad sighed as he flipped the page of his book about the voidness within humans that never hides. It was a Greek book which he asked Aunt Kim to get for him. And has been reading for a month already.

I keep looking at the marble chessboard. Trying to conjure my next move.

His move was a decoy. Obviously. To distract me towards his bishop a stronger person than a mere pawn. He would readily sacrifice his best arsenal if it meant he won.

"Aiden! Stop calling baby Ari that." Aunt Elsa giggled gently adding pink glittery butterfly pins in Ava's hair. That she had just braided. And Eli looked at them both like they were his whole world and everyone else can go fuck themselves. Uncle Aiden included.

"Sweetheart. She looks and acts like a mini Cole. What else should I call her? A mini petty bitch was my first name option. You know that very well." Uncle's tone softens a little while speaking to aunt Elsa. Like always. Glimmers of his love showed in his voice and eyes was an understatement. It should a volcano that while and can erupt. Anytime.

Aunt Elsa glared at him. And he chuckles while shaking his head.

"Hey stop stealing my mum. Arsehole Dadddd!" Eli says his voice blunt void of emotions but still taunting enough.

"Your mum is my wife. And you stole her from me. Not the other way round." Uncle Aiden says his jaw ticking as he glared bullets at his own son. Who gladly glared back.

Aunt Elsa looked at Creigh for help mit he had fallen asleep on Ani's lap.

I purposely push my rook. Knowing very well that he would consider it a blunder and strike at it. And that is exactly what he did. Even with all his plotting. I had gotten the rhythm of uncle Aiden's follies while playing chess.