PTM 4 | it's all in the eyes: the other half to a new balance -TRUST

track #4: Un-thinkable (I'm Ready) — Alicia Keys

"It was very much engrossing that they both ended up here together."

shut·ter·bug
/ˈSHədərˌbəɡ/ — an enthusiastic amateur photographer.

shut·ter·bug/ˈSHədərˌbəɡ/ — an enthusiastic amateur photographer

TRUST.

When does one know that they have genuine, sincere trust in someone? After a few years of being around them? What about days? Weeks? Or hours? What about minutes? Does time equate to the amount of trust people instill in a certain person? What are the qualities of a trustworthy person? A nominated number of individuals can sit down with someone and place their trust in them within a few seconds. To trust means to look someone in the eyes with full belief that they are being entirely honest—pure, real, safe— not questioning one's original intent. To trust is to exude confidence. To trust is to exude hope in oneself. To trust, to really trust, is to exude hope in another. Without trust, there is no commitment.

"Welcome back!"

Prisms Coffee Shop. Champion walked through their front door every Thursday afternoon to sit down and draw. It became one of the only places besides his own home and art studio where he felt authenticated comfort. The waitstaff was overly friendly, yet some of them appeared to be trained well enough to notice the real difference between a person that came through to place an order and a person that was there to use their clean space as a quiet getaway. He showed up on a different day this time. The ambiance was entirely different. Little to no people were in the shop and the waitstaff seemed eager to have something to busy themselves with. A typical Tuesday for them. 

Champion was one of those people that never ordered anything. He never said a word either. He blended in, hoping that no one would notice him. Despite that, he always left a large tip for the waitress that often waved at him upon his arrival, offered him a greeting, and then stared at him from the other side of the shop throughout his entire visit with her sharpened pencil and green notepad in her clammy hands, wondering if and when she should approach him. Out of all of the times he'd been there, they had shared the same amount of words that he could count on one hand.