(4) Chizuru and Y/n...

After a few days of hard work, both Y/n and Chizuru stand side-by-side, walking together through the fields, going towards a high-end cafe that Y/n had found from looking around a year or two ago. 

Chizuru of course, accepted his plan and went along, conducting an analysis of her own, looking to see whether Y/n had changed or not. Despite feeling torn on the situation, the side of her that feared losing her took control, which made her emotionally numb for the entire journey. 

Sure, she would talk back to him, but answers were simple, just a bunch of 'yeah's and 'uh huh's. From the information he had given to her just through the conversation, she couldn't find anything different about him, and it would be a massive lie to say that she didn't try to do so.

Y/n's POV:

...Something's bothering her, I know it. She doesn't seem like she even wants to be here. Should I call the whole thing off? I wondered, before I was cut off by a comment from Chizuru:

Chizuru: "This is nice." She says in an extremely monotone fashion.

I walk alongside her, completely befuddled after hearing her say that, or rather, the way she said it. Is she fine with this? This is damn confusing! I shout internally as I realise she's a couple of steps ahead of me. I quickly speed up a little, getting level with her once again.

Eventually, we reach the cafe and we both enter. I ask Chizuru what she wants and she reads their menu, before letting me know all while maintaining her expression from before; one without a smile nor a frown.

The waitress appears and we order. Chizuru orders one of their signature salads, while I order myself some pressed kiwi juice. We receive the orders surprisingly fast, so I thank the waitress.

Waitress: "Please, the pleasure is all mine. Have a nice day~" She says in a weird but happy tone.

Once I get back to our table, Chizuru digs into her salad while I take my time, enjoying the drink I had bought. 

While she eats, I take a quick glance at her, once again falling under her spell, but this time I'm broken out by my accord. Her expression still hasn't changed. Maybe she's tired? The Chizuru I knew would always tell me if she didn't want to do something, so that's the only thing I can think of... I ponder for a while, before finishing my juice, and, a few minutes later, she was finished too.

We call the waitress back over and pay. 

Waitress: "We hope you enjoyed our service today! Speaking of, are you two a couple?" She asks curiously.

I quickly answer back, all the while noticing a slight change in Chizuru's facial expression, still quite a neutral one, but something definitely changed.

Y/n: "No, we are not." I answer honestly, to which the waitress starts smiling and blushing at the same time.

Waitress: "In which case, may I have your number? I'd love to go on a date with you sometime." She asks boldly, with a seductive smirk on her face.

Now if there's one thing that just doesn't work on me, it's that. How shameless, to do it in front of someone else as well. Normally, I'd forgive that but we literally just met. I know nothing about her, and besides, I'm already in love with someone.

Y/n: "I politely decline." I respond bowing as I do so to show I mean no ill intention.

Shortly after, Chizuru and I leave, and instead of me being the person to initiate every conversation, she speaks up first:

Chizuru: "Why'd you say no to her?" She asks, seemingly confused.

I look at her strangely. Did she really think I'm going to run off with just anyone? I thought, before voicing that exact concern, as well as answering her question:

Y/n: "Oh come on, I just met her. Also, I don't feel that she's the person for me. Surely you don't have me down as the guy who would be with any girl, do you?" I ask, trying to add some sarcasm towards the end.

Sadly, she completely disregards it, her expression worsening, to the point where she now looks a little sad, maybe even hurt.

Chizuru: "But what if the 'one for you' doesn't feel the same way towards you?" She then asks.

Why is she asking this? Does she care so much that she's still looking out for me? I wonder, before coming up with another honest answer:

Y/n: "I'll try my best, that's all I can do. If they still don't want me, then that's it. For me, there's nothing worse than being in an unwanted relationship, for either party, whether it be me or my dream girl." I say calmly.

Once I finish, her cheeks turn red, which gives me some hope... but still, her facial expression remains unchanged.

Almost back at the studios, Chizuru increases her walking pace, which causes me to catch up, but every time I do, she then slows down. I start to question whether she's okay, even considering myself to be the problem.

However, once she tries to speed up once more, she trips over, almost falling to the ground. I manage to catch her just in time, helping her back up.

Y/n: "Hey... are you okay?" I ask, worried for her.

Chizuru: "It hurts..." She mumbles, with me just being able to hear.

I then ask her where she it hurts, but I receive no answer. She simply responds by walking forward once more. At this point, I feel like I'm walking with a zombie. 

And so, the rest of the journey back occurs in silence. Once we get back into the studio, we are greeted by some of the other actors, who are currently playing a drinking game. Wow, now there's a sight for sore eyes. The last time I've seen one of these was with Kazuya and the others way back then... I thought, just before some of the actors ask us if we'd like to join in:

Y/n: "No thanks, I'm not really a big drinker." I say before getting ready to walk back to my room expecting Chizuru to follow.

Chizuru: "...I-I'll give it a go." She says, before turning to me and repeating their question:

"Are you sure you don't want to play?" She asks, her emotionless expression still present.

I get ready to once again reject their offer, looking at Chizuru face-to-face. Her eyes, they're telling a completely different story from the rest of her face. Does she... want me to be there? Ah screw it, we parted ways before, and even though this isn't the same, I'm not doing it again! I concluded, before replying:

Y/n: "Actually, I'll give it a shot." I say, looking to Chizuru once more as I do.

Knowing what to expect thanks to my prior experience, I confidently join the circle, with Chizuru sitting to my right. 

Welp, here we go, let's get this over with. 

Chizuru's POV:

...

It hurts...