(9) Together in the Moonlight

Y/n's POV:

The next night arrives! Chizuru and I walk towards the castle, a little later than when we had last done so. Fortunately, there are no other tourists or visitors, so we're pretty much alone. She takes my arm as we head inside. Halfway through one of the hallways, we find a good place to sit down, the reflected rays from the moon illuminating the area. 

For a good while, we sit together in silence, with her head resting on my left shoulder. We simply observe the castle gardens, taking in the sights of the vibrant flowers, almost glistening in their presence. 

Chizuru: "Beautiful, aren't they?" She says softly.

Y/n: "Yes, stunning." I respond.

We fall into conversation, talking about the movie we made together, reminiscing over the all of the highs and lows. Once that topic comes to an end, Chizuru asks:

Chizuru: "Y/n, I know it might bring the mood down a little, but are you really not worried about the future? You've clearly been surprised by how close I want to be to you... I'm sorry if I can be a little needy. I just don't want you to waste your time if you're not getting what you're looking for." She says, smiling gently while her eyes are telling a different story.

So she still has concerns... I thought, wondering how I should respond. Well, I could tell her a little more about myself...

Y/n: "Chizuru... there's a reason why I've never had a girlfriend before. It's not as simple as me just 'not being interested'. I get attached far to easily to people. When I was very young, if a girl showed any type of interest in me at all, I'd instantly be taken by them. This led to many situations where I was either laughed at or beaten up. I kept most of these situations a secret from my parents, and vowed not to get attached to anyone again. Funnily enough, it gave me a clearer perspective when it comes to understanding people. However, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop myself when it came to you. You honestly have no idea how happy I was when you said that you want something that can last."

Chizuru: "S-Sorry, I didn't know." She says quietly, looking half-relieved.

Y/n: "That's not your fault, I simply didn't tell you. If anything it's on me. Seriously though, you could never be too 'needy' in my eyes. Look at what you've accomplished so far. I've said it many times before; you're the strongest person I've ever met and above all, I love you will all my heart - I'm all in." I gently explain.

She takes a few seconds to process this, before a smile that looks more positive erupts onto her face.

Chizuru: "Well, if I don't have to worry about that, then you don't have to worry about anything either. I'm all in too!" She says playfully.

We spend a few more moments, just holding each other's hand. The way her hair flows in the gentle breeze, the enchanting allure of her eyes. Everything is perfect. 

Chizuru: "Hey, Y/n. Do you mind if we do something? I've seen other couples do it before." She asks, to which I nod, albeit a little confused.

"During my time as a rental, and at some high-rep parties in my acting career, many couples have taken turns listing what they love about each other." She elaborates, to which I nod more enthusiastically, now understanding what she means.

Y/n: "Of course! I'll go first: Everything." I say coolly before she hits my arm softly, explaining that we can only say one thing, otherwise there's no point in it. I quickly apologize as she goes first.

(Game Start!)

Chizuru: "Alright... one thing I love about you is your kindness. You've always helped me in times where I couldn't see the path forward." She says sweetly, causing me to smile and prompting me to quickly follow.

Y/n: "One thing I love about you is your passion! Your dedication to your dream was contagious. With the amount of work you put into making sure it comes true, it'd be hard not to root for you!"

Chizuru: "Another thing I love about you is your honesty. Sure, there's been some occasions where you wouldn't exactly tell the truth, but you've mostly just spoken what's on your mind, and my life has been all the better because of it." 

...

As the game goes on and on, it gets much harder to pick anything personality-based, which eventually forces our hand at listing another part of each other that we like:

Chizuru: "One thing I love about you... is your... voice" She says very quietly as she starts blushing. 

Y/n: "R-Really? I never thought I had a good accent or anything." 

Chizuru: "I-I just find it soothing and it makes me feel safe. I did fall for you after all.." She trails off shyly.

Y/n: "Well... one thing I love about you is... your... y-your... chest..." I say, almost completely silent at the end. This time, both of our faces go completely red.

I brace myself, expecting her to berate me, calling me a 'pervert', but it never comes. Only silence. After a few minutes, Chizuru finally speaks, looking away as her face is still very red.

Chizuru: "...perv..." She says, as I look down, ashamed of what I had just said. 

However, she then bursts out in laughter, looking back at me. Did I break her? I wonder, before she enlightens me on her change in mood:

Chizuru: "Gosh, it was really hard to keep a straight face! Joking aside, I wouldn't expect you to completely ignore the physical features of the person you love, so long as that isn't the main reason why you did so in the first place. I don't like to brag but... I know I've got a... good body... especially up here..." She mentions, pointing to her... boobs.

Whatever redness that had disappeared from our faces quickly returned as we fail to look each other in the eye.

Chizuru: "...I mean, I like your body a lot."

Y/n: "Who's the perv now?" I reply as we both start laughing.

Chizuru: "Well, we're a couple now, so I don't mind you looking at me. Just don't let it take up too much of your day~" She says playfully, smirking at the end.

Y/n: "Likewise."

A little later, we get tired and leave for our room. After getting changed, we go to our bed, falling asleep in each other's arms.

|And thus, the story of how Y/n and Chizuru Ichinose became a couple comes to a comfortable close. Now, the next stage in their relationship will begin!|