3 | The Middle School Experience

Middle School is supposed to be fun, right?

Well, they didn't mention that it would be a living hell for those with villainous or weak quirks. They didn't say it would be a living hell if you had no quirk at all.

Hitoshi Shinsou and Izuku Aizawa were both victims to the living hell they called Aldera Middle School. Aldera Middle was known for its high reputation of educating young promising souls and accepting the weakest in society's hierarchy of quirks.

Of course, the accepting part was a lie. Every teacher here turned a blind eye whenever Izuku or Hitoshi were being ridiculed, bullied, mocked. Whenever Katsuki would use his explosions on them, they pretended to have not seen anything. Whenever they had heavy injuries, they would pretend that the two boys were invisible, too afraid to show society that their 'perfect' school was a hellhole.

Yet, despite their extreme dislike and overall fear of the place, they still didn't dare tell a soul.

Not even their fathers.

Shinsou could see the visible discomfort in his brother as they walked down the path. "Zuku, you alright?"

Aizawa kept his head down. "I-I'm scared, Hito.."

The purple-headed boy knew that all too well. When the bullying had first started, he felt the overwhelming fear that invaded his mind as well. The constant paranoia of walking into the school, the constant fear of being near anyone.

Slowly, he had gotten over it over time but Izuku's fear and anxiety stayed.

"Well, think of it like this." he started. "Surviving the pain and the humiliation and the overall bullying without breaking means that you're going to be a strong hero one day."

It doesn't make the situation better, I know, but it's the positive boost Izuku needs right now.

The rest of the walk was silent. Within a few minutes, they reached the school, Izuku visibly tensing at the sight of it.

Aldera Middle School was an interesting place, considering how easily it gets away with the constant physical and mental bullying that goes on there. They were surprised it hadn't suffered any lawsuits yet. Shinsou gave Izuku a soft smile before they both began to walk in.

Commotion in the corridors got quieter. Everyone was whispering as they walked past, constantly glancing over at the brothers as they spoke. Soon enough, the insults and comments became audible over the background noise.

"Look, there go the freak brothers!"

"I heard that the purple-head brainwashes people out of anger! Such a villain, how does he expect to be a hero with a quirk like that?"

"The green one is the weaker one, did you hear that he has no quirk at all?"

"I heard that the green one was abandoned! What a loser!"

Hitoshi felt anger rise inside of him as he heard the last comment. They thought that was funny? He didn't even know how they found out. Though, if it was a suspicion (a theory at most), he understood why. The both of them looked nothing alike nor similar to their parents. The only things similar were their quirks.

They reached their classroom, the room silent and quite empty. Hitoshi and Izuku were seated on different sides of the room this year, which didn't help the bullying in the slightest. Especially since a particular blonde sat right behind the anxious greenette.

Quickly, Izuku and Hitoshi went to their seats, knowing the bell was going to ring any second now. As if on cue, the bell rang accompanied by their teacher walking through the door.