12 | The U.S.J Attack

"The bus's open layout ruined my boarding strategy!" Iida complained.

They were taking the bus to the U.S.J, better known as the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. They were supposed to practice how to handle disasters such as floods or wildfires. Maybe they'd learn how to evacuate citizens safely too.

Izuku wore his gym clothes, his costume still in repair as Bakugou had destroyed most of its right side. His mask and utility belt were not destroyed, so he was allowed to bring them as support items to help with the exercise.

"Iida, you really need to chill." Ochako said.

"If we're pointing out the obvious, then there's something I wanna say.. about you, actually." Asui turned to him, startling the greenette.

Izuku stumbled over his words. "A-about me? What is it, Asui?" he asked nervously. Hitoshi turned to them, intrigued.

Her smile dropped a little. "I told you to call me 'Tsu'."

"Oh," He turned his head away slightly. "Yeah right."

He turned back to her. "That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?"

Both Hitoshi and Izuku internally panicked. Their bodies froze, brains failing to come up with some logical way to answer. They couldn't risk another knowing their secret. They already risked enough by telling their parents.

Izuku fiddled with his mask nervously. "What? R-Really? You think so huh?" He turned his eyes to the floor. "I never really thought a-about that. I guess it's kinda similar--" he was, luckily, cut off.

"Wait, hold on, Tsu!" Kirishima piped in. "You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference." He turned his attention to Aizawa. "Still, I bet it's cool to have a simple augmenting-type-a quirk. You can do lots of flashy stuff with it." He held up his arm slightly, eyes examining it. "My hardening's super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight, but it doesn't look all that impressive."

Izuku watched in awe, back to his usual persona. "Oh, no way, I think it's really awe-awesome looking! You're definitely pro material with a quirk like th-that!"

Eijiro smiled. "You really think so? Seems like it'd be easier to be a popular hero if I had somethin' flashier!"

Aoyama stared at the group intensely. "My naval laser's got the perfect combination of panache and strength."

Mina put her hand on the blonde's shoulder. "But, it's way lame if it gives you a stomachache, sweetie."

"Well, if any of our classmates have pro quirks, it's Todoroki and Bakugou." Kirishima said, staring at the angry blonde.

"Sure, but Bakugou's always angry, so he'll never be that popular." Tsuyu stated bluntly.

Bakugou jumped up, hand on the railing. "Uh-- What'd you say?! I'll kick your ass!"

"Ya see?"

Denki joined the conversation. "Y'know, we basically just met you." He pointed his finger up slightly, almost looking like a thumbs up. "So it's kinda telling that we all know your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage."

"You're gonna regret the day you applied to this school, you loser!"

Izuku rested his head on Shinsou's shoulder, quite surprised by what was happening. This was nothing like their middle school experience. He didn't understand how Bakugou was the one getting teased and not him. It felt weird and somewhat confusing.

"Wait, what did you say?" Kaminari asked, teasingly.

The bus stopped and Aizawa stood at the front. He sighed, looking at the chaotic group before him. "Hey, hey, we're here. Stop messing around."