'You're still family to us' Medkit X reader

Requested by: None

Gender of reader: gender-neutral

Genre: Angst/Wholesome?

Romantic/Platonic: Platonic

Context: Y/N got into an argument with Valk and Dom leaving them getting banned from seeing the Phighters while they're on contract but Medkit tries to dig a bit deeper to find out more

Length: Fairly short

Y/N would sit on the lost temple bridge close to the bus stop but further away from crossroads, humming gently to the tunes they were listening to.

Getting lost in their thoughts not noticing the phighter approaching them as the song would reach it's climax gently singing along to the tunes a few tears leaving their eyes as the realisation of them never being able to get back to their original universe or even seeing the new people they considered friends

Y/N would finally look over to their side to be jumpscared by Medkit almost falling off the bridge while stumbling back before getting caught by Medkit pausing the music on their phone gently taking out an earbud "What are you doing here? I thought the contract forced you to avoid me." Y/N wiped the tears as they tried to force their tone to sound calm but ended up just being shaky.

Medkit would sigh as he shook his head "I'm only here since your breakdown felt caused by something. I would not feel contempt watching you leave in a huff without knowing what the cause was" Medkit kept his usual tired tone making Y/N think he didn't truly care."Please just leave me alone. I don't want you to get into trouble with Dom and Valk cause of me" Y/N would stand up trying to leave Medkit behind before getting gently grabbed by the shoulder."Look. Just tell me what's bothering you. We all didn't take time to get to know you just for all of it to be thrown away!" Medkit would yell in anger making Y/N realize he did care but didn't want to admit it.

 "...Why do you care so much. Why didn't you just leave with everyone else?! You all didn't step in to try and help me!" Y/N yelled in anger backing away from Medkit

"DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'RE HAPPY?! THEY BOTH LEFT SHORTLY AFTER YOU DID. THEY'RE ANGRY AT THEMSELVES FOR NOT SPEAKING UP FOR YOU!." Medkit yelled back before regaining his composure "And it would be good for them to know you're ok." His tone felt a bit more genuine it wasn't snarky or even sarcastic.

Y/N would sigh "Well I'm fine. Can you go now?" Y/N's tone was cold almost as if they wanted Medkit to leave which Medkit knew wasn't true "Fine. I'll leave it seems like you don't care about fixing things." Medkit's tone went back to being cold "I. Do. Not." Y/N let out before going to leave.

"Ofcourse... Wasn't like you were crying over us" Medkit let out giving a smirk at the last part which made Y/N stop in their track "I. Wasn't." Their voice was a bit shaky which made Medkit furrow his brows "FINE I WAS. BUT THATS BECAUSE-" Y/N would try to sputter out an excuse before being cut off by Medkit "You care about us. You care about all of us including subspace." His tone felt parently now like a dad trying to tell his child that they weren't in trouble

Y/N slowly dropping the act would finally break as tears started to flow out of their eyes "FINE. I MISS EVERYONE I MISS THE TIME WE ALL SHARED MESSING AROUND. I MISS THE MATCHES WE ALL HAD, I MISS HAVING FUN WITH YOU ALL!" Medkit would feel a bit bad watching Y/N breakdown like that, He didn't think they all meant that much to them "I CAN'T RETURN HOME! I CAN'T RETURN TO MY FRIENDS! I FUCKED IT ALL UP SO BADLY! VALK AND DOM AREN'T GONNA FORGIVE ME! I FUCKING SLAPPED VALK!" Y/N would be Inhaling and Exhaling rapidly as they were letting everything out they would fall on their knees as they clutched their chest in pain before letting out a pained scream.

"Get yourself up Y/N." Medkit looked down at them his one eye actually showing worry for them as he extended out his arm offering them help to get back up "Why...Why are you helping me..." Y/N asked their voice shaky and tired due to letting everything out."You're overwhelmed. Everything here is still new to you. Now come on I'm taking you home and we will talk with Dom and Valk tomorrow trust me, They will forgive you" Medkit would assist Y/N to his car letting them sit down on the passenger seat buckling their seat belt as he walked over to the other side of the car sitting down on the driver seat as he buckled down his seat belt he'd start to drive.

"Thank you medkit..." Y/N let out as they'd slowly pass out "No problem kid...As much as i may not show it, I still truly care about you." His tone felt calm and genuine as silence would fill the car Medkit looking over at the sleeping Y/N before looking back on the road as he softly murmured "You're still like family to us."