Part 4

Audrey: *Tries to teleport* *Fails* *Throws up*

My Editor: "💀💀 good try girl"

=-=-=
Charlie: *Swears a total of one(1) time*
My Editor: "Realist shit I ever heard"

======================================

"Don't move," Bonzy muttered, aiming with a steady concentration under the dim-glaring lights of a trashed room, looking like the top of a subway station with a window to their right. Their hands shook slightly as they attempted to get control of their breathing, holding the item in their grasp tightly and pointedly.

After their separation from Audrey and Charlie, Bonzy made quick work of pushing forward through the halls to find someone again. While it was fun and all looking at the amazing sketched appearances of an antique studio, it was somehow better with someone else there (not that Bonzy would ever admit to it verbally). Hell, they'd even taken Charlie's weary, cautious, and obvious abandonment issues over the shadow-ridden halls and boring cried-out words written on the walls of the maze-like place. Those asking for people to save them and to be found; what does that even mean, 'to be found'? Bonzy doesn't want to know.

But now, at the top of what is definitely a stairwell deeper into hell, Bonzy is playing a dangerous game that may cost them their life at best and their pride at worst. Sitting, crouched against a well-worn wall and holding a ring out in front of them, they took a steady breath, "Alrighty ready?" A nod was given to them in response. "Perfecto," their expression sobered, "don't move."

Taking a breath, they pulled their arm back, the item clutched just tightly to prohibit its no-doubt loud fall to the floor, and aimed, and flung it.

Through the air, it cut, arching nearly perfectly until it landed in between its designated destination, to which Bonzy let their second one fly, which looped perfectly around its hook, "YES! Ha!"

Standing back up, they jogged over to where the small creature was looking up at them with an animated smile stretched across its face. Little inky horns sat on either side of a round-drawn head, and black-stripped clothes wrapped around a small frame, a little white bowtie resting atop the collar of the vest. Bonzy plucked their ring from one of the inky horns, slipping it back on their finger as they crouched down once more to eye-line.

"Well, Baby Bendy, it's been great, but I have to ask: have you seen a tall girl with gold eyes and black hair?" The small toon shook his head and Bonzy puckered their lips in thought for a moment before sighing, "that's not super great. Have you seen a dude a few inches taller than me? Dark hair? Gold eyes with gold lines running down his face? Suspenders?"

Bendy's head snapped up, whistling a few times in what could be words as he jumped up and down a few times.

"I take it you have, then?" Bonzy grinned, matching the little toons, as they stood back up. "Can you take me to him?" Bendy's movements were extremely animated (for lack of better words) in the way he pressed a finger against his chin in thought and tapped his foot. Despite the few expressions he made, it was clear just how hesitant and considering he was. What an odd little guy, Bonzy figured as Bendy shook his head, inky brows knitted slightly above a sheepish smile. "No? Well, that's no good. Hmm," Bonzy turned out to the big window to their right.

It overlooked what seemed to be a city built in the 20s, with tall buildings, lit and unlit windows, and signs hanging with enticing lights flickering around them. Even a massive Christmas tree stood tall in the center of the town, giving Bonzy a niggling feeling of 'home' in a place they'd never been to. Pretty sure there's a word for that, they absently wondered, wanting home without knowing where it is.