Chapter 1: The Mythrecanian witch

As she was awoken by the sounds of electronics beeping, Cassandra found herself laying on a hospital bed, her eyes opening slowly as she saw a nurse and a doctor checking upon his tablet. The nurse then saw Cassandra opening her eyes and tap the doctor's shoulder. "Doc, she's awake," Said the nurse.

The doctor then approaches her and found her head leaning to his side, looking at him. "Ah, Ms. Meldyr you're awake. I hope it's not any trouble but just to be sure I'm just going to asks you a few questions...Are you famish?dizzy? Eyes blurry? Or any sort of cases?

"I...I think I'm fine? Wh...what happened?"

"It seems that you've been blasted with some...let's see here. Ah! You were hit with some mysterious energy force."

"I was hit by what—" She muttered. "Thanked god you're alright, I was so worried..." Said by women who barged inside the room. The woman was over 5.6 feet, has a slim body, long wavy dark-haired, wears a white long-sleeved blouse and a black-denim pants. "Mom?" Said Cassandra, who was still confused at that moment. "What happened really?" She asked. "You giving us a heart attack that's what." Said a man in his early twenties wearing a white shirt and blue pants who followed Cassandra's mother from behind.

"Hey Uncle Jim...Uh...What are you guys talking about?"

"You were in a coma for a month...We have been studying what could possibly the reason why despite having a healthy status, but since there was a sudden explosion back at the woods we figure you were hit with it badly," Said the doctor. "Good thing you weren't hurt though."

Then the nurse saw a notification from the lab-tech on her tablet saying Cassandra's medical results were finally out and leaned to the doctor telling him Cassandra's test results that they have been trying to solve for a month were finally figured just an hour ago and is now ready to be check by him, the doctor then excuses himself and advised Cassandra to get some rest then left the room.

Cassandra's mom, Camille Meldyr, looked at her daughter and sighed before asking what she was doing back at the woods despite the warnings. "Uhmm...daily habit?" Cassandra replied. "This isn't a joke young lady...eh–what happen to your eyes?"

Meanwhile back at the lab-tech where Cassandra's doctor were checking out the medical results but when he did though, his eyes widen and was given a shock of his life. "I better tell this to the council."

****

The following week...
Cassandra and her mother was preparing supper at their kitchen back at their house in Mistaville, when they heard a sudden knock at the front door they were not expecting any visitors. Jim then walk to the living room and opened the front door only to find three 6-foot tall men wearing an all black suit and dark reflective shades making them kinda creepy.

"Uh...Can I help you fellas?" Jim asked."Yes you may can help us..." Saying that, they entered the house even without Jim's permission. "Hey! What in the world?!" Jim exclaimed.

Then Camille entered the living room. "Jim is this one of your trouble-making friends I'm gonna–Oh..." Camille mumbled, upon seeing the three men-in-blacks sitting down on their velvet blue couch.

"Please we are not looking for trouble were here because the council asked us to—"

"The council eh? Well I work for the royals and I am sure they didn't tell me about this sort of men-in-black trespassing on my property?!"

"Ma'am we are here because of her..." one of the men pointed out to Cassandra standing in the middle of the kitchen doorway. "What?" She asked, stunned. Cassandra had entered the room out of curiosity, then one of the men-in-black waved at the family for getting their permission to explain everything.

Then the "guests" started to explain that something happened in the incident that relates to the attack back at Mendrein City and with Cassandra having to do something with the very important package that was being delivered.

"What? But I didn't do anything wrong I was just sitting by the stream when this crystal appear out of nowhere and—"

"Wait did you say crystal?"

"Uhh...? Yes. A big bright crystal that explodid right in front of my face."

After telling everything to the men-in-black, a woman in her late fifties stepped in the doorway. The woman wears a white coat and pants, red blouse, has salt-and-pepper hair, and has the logo of Velgar University on her right shoulder. Dina Duchess, the Dean of the prestigious school was also assigned by the council in helping the young witch in her training.

"Dina, what a nice surprise. What brings you here all the way from Velgar University?" Camille asked. "I would like you to know that the council has assigned the university to teach the mythrecanian witch." The Dean replied. "What?!" Camille exclaimed.

Then the Dean started to talk about the important package that everyone seems to be talking about along with its actual purpose. It turns out that the crystal was actually mythrecania, the oldest and the most powerful magic of all. It was the first magic to be born naturally and has the powers of all the magic tribes and it all went into Cassandra.

"What?! My daughter is mythrecania? But how is she going to able to master it? Everyone knows mythrecania is dangerous yet powerful, its forces are incredibly stronger than all the tribes combine. And if the council decides to take it back? It will literally kill her! Which I am highly disagree upon this kind of action!"

"No Ms. Meldyr, they won't. I am assuring you that the council will not hurt your daughter. That is why I am here to inform you that Cassandra has been enrolled as a scholar of Velgar University in efforts of training her like such particular enchanters herself."

"Whoa...that's awesome! Er...I think?" Cassandra cried. The dean chuckled. "You are quite having the looks of being a Velgar material."

"Really?"

"Really."

Cassandra was awestruck upon hearing the words of the dean. Velgar University was her dream school, it was free for anyone...if your powers live up to the test. But like how the truth hits, she cannot enroll just having such weak magic.

After a short while the dean left with the three men-in-black. "I can't believe I'm going to be a student at Velgar University!" Cassandra squealed in excitement, "This is a dream come true. Am I right?!" She says while her mind does a happy dance. Her mom and uncle didn't response instead they both look at each other with worries in their eyes. How come they are ever so worry if she's going to the school of her dreams?

******