Chapter 9: The Sentries and the War Maker

On the brink of sunlight of a day in Daggeren, a vast land filled with high technology, defense factories, state-in-the-art buildings and Defenders as citizens.

Daggeren, can be also called as the 'land of dragons' where as to them dragons were just normal flying, walking, eating, and breathing creatures like wild city animals in some cases other dragons evolved to act like rats in the sewers but only bigger and more dangerous.

The rocky ice-capped mountain ranges surrounding the city were also lived with ferocious winged-tyrants but despite their territory there was a built state-in-the-art facility hidden inside them. Towering over like a mountain the Sentry HQ was in a brink of an upgrade where technology really won over this time.

Having thick titanium strongholds, fast-actioned security system, powerful weaponry display, heavy shields, and of course the signature of the Sentry's; dragons. Fast, deadly, reliable, and trustworthy companions where Defenders hold them as a real deal.

The dragons were kept outside so they won't suffocate inside the building, they rested among the mountains but still remained closed. They surround the entire facility guarding it at all cost.

And what is the Sentry? It is only Vendagor's defense agency where Defenders around half of the world trained to be a great protector. The Sentry holds and controls regardlessly many types of defense organizations from law enforcements to militaries to intelligence agencies, mainly run by Defenders. They take responsibility for every enchanter's safety and protection.

While other Sentry agents were busy doing all sort of missions assigned to them, a specific group of agents was best in interest when they were tasked to investigate about the attack of a mesephomian demon in Mendrein City, and on what or who was responsible for entering it.

Leading the group is none other than Tanner Thompson, with his partner in crime and in life Gail Collins. Working alongside them Nora Lauren, a top-notch pilot, well-skilled agent and sniper. Nathan Harve, an agent with a taste of sarcasm. Max Quints sarcastic, cold-blooded yet a great agent and pilot. Roth Jackson, best friend of Tanner's, a heck of a detective and weaponry expertise.

They were talking about their mission inside a room with a large glass window viewing the snowy mountains on the thirty-storied floor, sitting on chairs around a big glass table that can be activated as a hologram.

"All right Mendrein City, has a force shield to block all evil forces from entering the place. Mendrein City, is also has a gateway tower in its center used in going in-and-out to places," Tanner uttered.

"Well that makes sense they do all have transportations that led to well everywhere," Nathan said.

"So the question is how did that thing entered the city in the first place?" Gail asked.

"Good question, I—"

Suddenly the doors behind them opened, entering the room was Haven Narwin, looking very serious. The Sentry agents looked at her, gulping.

"Okay we need to know who brought that demon in here and stop them!" Haven exclaimed. "Who?" Gail asked. Normally in these kind of cases was mostly a what.

"Yes, apparently it was a who whose responsible for the attack. All we need are clues. Gail?"

Gail activated the computer screen on the table showing holographic images of the traces that the attacker left. "That's all?" Nora asked, staring at the clues that are barely analysed.

"That's what the team have gathered."

"But aren't mesephomian demons suppose to have a master to serve?" Nathan wondered.