{ INDEX & GLOSSARY }

*    *    *

I N D E X

Prologue: The String of Fate
Chapter 1: The Art of Death
Chapter 2: Ire of Fate
Chapter 3: Siren's Song
Chapter 4: His Comfort, His Enemy
Chapter 5: The Devil on My Shoulder
Chapter 6: Rain Falls, Tears Dry
Chapter 7: Truth Transpires
Chapter 8: Rules of War
Chapter 9: Of Terror and Panic
Chapter 10: The Dragon Roars
Chapter 11: Shall We Trust, Just a Little?
Chapter 12: The Fates' Profit
Chapter 13: Relic of Old
Chapter 14: Darkness Feeds
Chapter 15: To Take or To Give
Chapter 16: A Reunion of Souls
Chapter 17: Deal Broker
Chapter 18: Words of Blood
Chapter 19: Singer of Sirens
Chapter 20: And Still, We Rise
Chapter 21: Twisted Savior
Chapter 22: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 23: Dead or Alive
Chapter 24: The Art of War
Chapter 25: A Heart, Broken
Chapter 26: To Die is To Live
Chapter 27: An Ocean's Call
Chapter 28: Ends and Beginnings
Chapter 29: The Soul We Share
Chapter 30: A War of Siblings
Epilogue: Heaven and Hell

G L O S S A R Y
WARNING: READ ONLY AFTER YOU'VE FINISHED NOVEL
{ read this if you forget definitions }

Adelfí: The Koltean endearment of Sister, from the language of the Greeks.

Adelfos: The Koltean endearment of Brother, from the language of the Greeks.

Ahuízotls: Water wolves native to Leutes, which have small wolf ears with a monkey hand as a tail.

Aulup Bevatore: The Royal Guards of Sidiem's Royal family, led by General Atanase.

Crow: A Koltean citizen born with darker wings, usually black or a very dark gray.

Dahu: Goat-like creatures native to Sidiem, which have uneven legs.

Edafi Ball: A Ball to commemorate the lives lost during the War, and used to keep the peace between the five Kingdoms. The location of the Ball rotates each year, and moves from Kingdom to Kingdom.

Edafi War: A battle between the humans and the five species (Isetíans, Sidiens. Leutens, Oredrans, Kolteans), which lasted over five years. It ended in the victory of the species and the extinction of the human population.

Fiacello: Corporeal birds made of fiery red flames native to Sidiem. They resemble that of robins and have an average wingspan of 16 inches. Their flame, though tangible, does not affect the branches or environment it interacts with. Their diet consists of Red Wisteria fruits and leaves of the golden color.

Fox: A Sidien citizen born with fox ears and tail, of different species. Only the Royal family has red fox features.

Gerakinos: Red-Tailed beasts native to Kolteo's forest, they resemble that of black phoenixes and have an average wingspan of forty feet. They govern the skies of Kolteo's forestry, hunting anything which has flesh and blood.

Ilangíbì: Taken from the words Sun in Xhosa: Ilanga, and Birthright in Yoruba: Ìbí, it is the Isetían ability to control light and sources which produce it. They are able to blind and burn their enemies, removing darkness and purging those who are impure.

Impundulu: Lightning birds native to Isetía, which are inherently bloodthirsty and possess gold and white feathers.

Impurists: A Koltean citizen whose parents were a Raven and a Crow. These are citizens who are half-bloods and are killed immediately to control the purity of blood.

Lizard: A Leuten citizen born with the lower body of a lizard species.

Mannadieu: Taken from the words Werewolf in Italian: Mannaro, and God in French: Dieu, it is the Sidien ability to shapeshift into that of an enchanted wolf, or fox, depending on the species the user is born as.

Mavisis: Birds native to Kolteo's forestry, they have talons and beaks made of chemically accurate silver. They have no eyes and use clicks and screeches to communicate. They live together in flocks and prefer jumping rather than flying.

Nottastoré: Griffin-like creature native to Sidiem's forestry, they have the body of a lion, the head of a bird, and the wings of an enormous eagle with feathers of either gold or silver. They have an average wingspan of forty feet and were used in the Edafí War as weapons.

Nycrís: Taken from the words Night in Greek: Nýchta, and User in Greek: Chrístis, it is the Koltean ability to control darkness and, at times, the souls of the dead. They are able to feel the presence of souls and control corporeal shadows.

Nyx Ippuroi: The Royal Guards of Kolteo's Royal family, led by General Osteria.

Oma: The Koltean word for Grandmother, from the language of the Greeks.

Orcus: Etruscan and Roman God of the Underworld, used by Sidiens, replacing the word 'hell'.

Qilins: Horse-like creatures native to Oredra, which have fish scales as fur and carry the head of an Eastern or European dragon.

Raven: A Koltean citizen born with dark wings with a purple tint, usually dark gray or a neutral gray.

Snake: A Leuten citizen born with the lower body of a poisonous snake species.

Wolf: A Sidien citizen born with wolf ears and tail, of different species. Only the Royal family has white wolf features.

* * *