Chapter 17

An other one?

Kaida was in her cabin after what happened. She didn't want to see anyone, well, maybe someone.

She walked out the deck and they all turned to see her. She ignored the looks and walked towards the edge of the boat.

"Kaida," a voice called her. She turned to see Jake standing behind her. She didn't do anything but look to the horizon. "The Darkling told me what had happened and he allowed me to see you. Are you okay?" he asked, taking a step closer to her.

"Please, don't touch me," she begged.

Sturmhond, who was listening to the conversation, was surprised when he heard Kaida telling Jake to step away. And also was The Darkling who was also listening.

"Kaida, what happened?" Jake asked again.

"Just a memory," she said. "Please, I just need to be alone. Just...leave me," and with those words she left again below deck.

She got to her cabin and layed on the hammock for a while until she fell asleep.

"Mama! Papa!"

"Now you belong to me,"

Kaida woke up, her heart pounding, feeling anxious and with fast breathing. Quikly, she took a hand towards her chest and calmed her breath down.

She got out deck and didn't care if someone could see her. She made the purple mist start to surround her.

A five year old Kaida was sitting on the floor looking at how a woman was playing the piano.

"Mama, how did you learn to play the piano?" she asked when her mother was done playing.

"I learned when I was little," she said with a bright smile carrying her from the floor to her lap.

"My age?" Kaida asked.

"No, a little bit older," she answered.

"How are my beautiful girls?" her dad entered the room.

"Papa!" Kaida ran towards him and jumped on his arms.

"My little princes. How are you?" he asked with a bright smile.

"I'm good. How was your trip? Did you bring me a present?" she asked, making her father smile.

"Maybe,"

"Yey!" Kaida said happily.

"How are you, my love?" Kaida's father asked her mother.

"Better now that you are here," she said with a smile. "Now, lets go have dinner,"

"Can I eat chocolate after dinner?" Kaida asked with a smile.

"Depends. If you finish all your dinner, yes," her father answered.

Kaida made the mist disappear with a small smile on her face. She loved those kinds of moments with her parents, she had a normal life, she was happy, she was loved.

"What did you see?" Sturmhond asked, making Kaida turn around.

"Good night, Sturmhond," she said in a better mood.

"I see you are in a better mood," he said happily. "What did you see?"

"My parents," she said. "It was just a memory, but they always make me feel better," she said with a small smile.

"I'm glad to hear that," Sturmhond said. "Can I ask what..."

"I should go to sleep, good night," she said before he could finish the sentences.