four | oh, siguradong babangon tayo

Ikako - SB19

__________

A few months had passed by after that incident, and Mia soon became swamped with residency stuff. It was still a delightful memory, though. One thing Mia knew she would truly treasure. Pero, hindi pa rin nakukumpleto ang kanyang araw kung hindi siya nakikinig sa mga kanta ng SB19. Crimzone had now been her daily anthem to boost her energy and give her the motivation to go to work. Minsan Ilaw would be in full blast sa mga araw na ayaw na ayaw na talaga niyang pumasok at ang ospital ay parang nagiging preso na para sa kanya.

Kahit anong genre talaga kayang kaya ng SB19. Mia believed whatever her mood was for the day, she could play a random SB19 and it would undoubtedly match with her feelings.

Lumalamig na ang simoy ng hangin. Before she knew it, Christmas season was at hand and their hospital would inevitably be infected with the Christmas cheer. Unfortunately for her, as one of the youngest doctors in their department, isa siya sa mga na-assign as the organizer for the department's Christmas Party. One thing Mia hated her whole life was planning big events like this. The sheer pressure of such a big responsibility was already daunting for her.

"O, bumubuntong-hininga ka na naman," Jana pointed out with an amused grin on her face.

"Tangina naman, bakit nga ba ulit ako ang na-assign dito?" Mia pushed away the piles of papers on her desk as if they were infectious. "Di naman ako bida-bida ah."

"Show up ka kasi nang show up. Ayan tuloy. They think you can handle this responsibility. Which, to be fair, they are not wrong."

Mia frowned. "Hindi dahil kaya ko ay gusto ko na gawin, Jana," she reminded. "I hate this so much. I'm not cut out for this shit. Bakit hindi na lang ikaw?"

"I spearheaded our huge midyear conference, remember?" her best friend reminded. "Give chance to others na raw."

Mia rolled her eyes and gathered the papers on her desk. "I'm going home," she declared. "Mababaliw ako lalo dito eh."

"Baliw ka naman na in the first place, so what's new?" Mia playfully slapped Jana's arm, earning a laugh from her friend.

"Bakit nananakit, Ma'am Mia?"

Jana's eyes lit up upon hearing the voice of her boyfriend, James. She immediately shot up from her seat and greeted the tired surgery resident with a warm hug. "Eww, di pa yan na liligo," Mia loudly teased, to which James answered with an eye roll and a laugh from Jana.

"Pag inggit, pikit," James shot back.

"Shhh, let's not provoke her further," Jana said. "Umuwi ka na, Mama Mia. Rest, jusko. I think you need it."

Mia sighed once more and waved them away. "Mauna na kayo," she said. "I'll wait for Andy muna before I go home."

"You sure? You look like you'll collapse soon."

She waved her hand dismissively. "Go home," she reiterated. "Besides, mukhang mas magko-collapse pa si James eh."

"She ain't lying," James sighed. "Halika na, love. Uwi na tayo."

"Sana all may nilo-love. Nakakainis." Jana threw her a playful wink and was soon swept away her boyfriend.

Mia took that time to organize the files on her table. Buti na lang dumating na si Andy, ang co-resident niya na kasama niya as organizer; she seriously would go mad if she stayed longer in the hospital.

"Sorry, sorry," Andy apologized. "May last minute errands lang from our hepe. Anyway, I have news about the Christmas party."

"Hopefully a good one," Mia grumbled, prompting Andy to smile. He, too, knew how much she hated this job given to her without even asking her if she wanted to spearhead it.