chapter 2

I weirdly had a good night of sleep. It had to be one of the best sleeps I had in a while, actually. Maybe it's because of all the traveling by horseback or the kooky prince but, it was nice to escape for a while.....Escape, how can I forget! It still looks slightly dark outside, so I still have time. First off, I need real clothing, rather than my white lacy dress that got me in this mess, I need something suitable for travel. I walk to the wardrobe to see if there is anything I can snag and I see it. My hands graze the ruffles and skims through the elegance of the dress. The shoes are just as nice as something you would see a princess wearing in a fairy tale. Sadly, this isn't a fairy tale and I'm not a princess. My hands slowly close the dresser. "Oh well" I sneak myself off to find something more suitable and I stumble across a shabby part of the castle, I open a door and I find a simple room with four beds in it and 1 wardrobe. I shuffled through the clothes, and I find a servant dress.

From everything I've seen from the castle to the maid quarters that I'm stepping in right know I don't think I'm in the 21st century anymore. I take the dress and I slap everything on except the apron and the frilly maid hat. I stand to see myself in the mirror and my clothing is laughable. Everything seems so awkward looking as if I didn't put it on correctly. midst snickering to myself I spot a servant dressed like she knows what she's doing. She joins my giggling, but somehow feels like she's laughing at me and not with me for some reason.

"My, my is this your first time putting on clothing ma'am."

she says with a slightly condescending tone "ha-ha well I-" she cuts me off "no well that was terribly rude of me you must be from a fallen noble household. No need to explain. ill help you but ill only tell you this once, come, come." she explain to me how my Pettie coat is wrong and correctly cinches my waist then she grabs the apron and ties in perfectly on my waist explaining that if I did this wrong that Ms. Isabella would have a field day with me and that the last maid who had their apron tied wrong had to take time off because of how harsh the punishment was. She also placed the "bonnet" on my head. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like a real maid.

"Well then, you look very well now so I must be off I need to finish up the halls and such"

She gave me a half smile then she went on her way. As soon as I was sure that she was out the door I took off the apron and the "bonnet" and sneaked my way out the castle. Before I was about to book it, I spotted the second princes' prestige black horse. My fingers run through his perfect mane, and I debate taking it. There really wouldn't be much harm to take him. What are the odds that he is happy with that mad man anyway.,\ there's also the fact that I've never ridden a horse other than with the prince but, how hard can it be? There's already a saddle so I take a step on it and my foot slips, my butt is on the ground. I try again, this time I proceed slowly, I take a step and I gently place my lower back on the horse. I'm on the horse but the horse isn't moving. I think back to what the prince was doing, and I mimic it. I squeeze my thighs and like clockwork the horse starts moving.

After almost a day of riding the horse non-stop, I found a town. I can't settle here preeminently because of course I need to get as far away as I can from the castle but to have one night of rest here should be fine. I dismount my horse and tie him to a tree then I spot a satchel. There're coins in there, I'm not quite sure how currency works here and how much I have but it looks like more than enough to survive off for a bit. I'm guessing that the prince wouldn't have chump change in his bag so it must not be that little. Before I go too deep in thought I hear the voice of a vender.

"Fresh apples fresh apples only the finest in all the land."

to think about it I haven't eaten in a while and even though I don't know how much I have I can just ask how much an apple is. it's a apple. why would she lie about that. I shuffle my way to a middle-aged woman with dark black hair and tan skin.

"How much for an apple."

"Well depends on ma'am, what do you have?"

she looks at me nicely

"I have coins"

"For a silver coin you can get at least a dozen."

I have a few silver ones, but I have a lot of gold ones.

"What about gold coins, how many apples can I get for a gold coin?"

Her eyes squint and her mouth forms a upside down smile.

"haa a gold coin miss, with a gold coin you can buy my house."

my eyes widen and try my hardest to stop my face from forming a smile. I pause for a while trying to package my thoughts the best way possible.

"What about a night?"

the venders' eyes squint at me with a sense of caution.

"ma'am I'm no inn. If you want to stay a night, I recommend the inn to the right of here. Their set up is nice and the food is-"

I stop her halfway.

"I'll give you two gold coins to stay the night."

My hand reaches through the prince's Satchell and pulls out the two coins. Her legs take a few steps back and stare at me with shock.

"Well?"

she looks me up and down then precedes.

"I may warn you that my home is a humble thing and the price you're willing to give me won't make up for the price of your stay.

"if you have a place for me and my horse and won't be chatty about this arrangement, I see no reason for the stay not to make financial since"

I would have never guessed that I would say that ever in my life but here I am, spitting out words that sound like I am a character from Shakespeare or something. The vender gives me a semi genuine looking smile.

"Well, it seems that you have a place to stay then."

She starts to pack up her apples and baskets and I get my black horse.

She leads me to her kitchen and sets down her apples. She swiftly puts an apron on and starts stirring a pot.

"Do you need any help?"

I creek out

"I wouldn't do that to you dear."

"No, I insince what can I do?"