[]

Mori and Fukuzawa started talking about work pretty quickly and Kunikida stood behind them, defensive over the president being in such close quarters with the port mafia boss.

Ranpo and Yosano were looking for snacks and wine since they hadn't had anything to eat since coming to the reaction room.

Tachihara, Gin, Higuchi, and Hirotsu were playing cards while talking about Dazai and Chuuya's parts.

"Y'know, Dazai and Chuuya were really close when they were younger," Hirotsu commented as he drew 3 cards and placed his bet.

Akutagawa was sitting behind Gin braiding her hair and nodded; "Indeed, when I was younger, whenever Chuuya was around... Dazai was surprisingly nice..." 

"How long have they known each other for?" Higuchi asked as she took a sip of some water.

"About 7 years, according to the records of when Chuuya joined the mafia." Gin said, her voice barely audible, and Hirotsu nodded to back this up;

"They were very close... rivals...? Friends even, but their relationship was like a poem in a forgotten language, only they really understand it but they refuse to talk about it as well." 

Chuuya stood in the corner alone drinking water while listening to the Black Lizard's conversation before whispering to himself; "Oh we were more than friends..." 

Dazai walked over with a soft smile; "Indeed, we were." 

"Do you plan on coming clean?"

"We'll see." 

"Well, I'm going to touch up my makeup a little, Akutagawa and Gin smudged it." Chuuya frowned as he messed with the smudged lipstick on the corner of his lips. 

"I think you look better with it messed up," Dazai smirked playfully.

"Shut it. You coming?" Chuuya started walking towards the bathrooms and Dazai nodded before following him.

Kunikida noticed the two of them walking off together and looked to Yosano; "I think I'll go check on them..." 

"You aren't slick and tell us everything!" Ranpo beamed before hurrying Kunikida along.

Kunikida hid behind one of the doors and listened as Chuuya put his makeup back on.

"Y'know, it's been a while since our organizations have met up and not instantly become all defensive," Dazai said as he watched Chuuya reapply his dark red lipstick over his natural soft pink lips. "And, why do you insist on the lipstick?" 

Chuuya chuckled; "First of all, they were at each other's throats from the second we came here, and second of all, pink isn't really fitting of a port mafia executive." 

"Do lips really come in other colors though?" Dazai rolled his eyes with a smirk.

"I suppose not." 

'Why are they so friendly...' Kunikida wondered, from what he could see they were also standing right next to each other. 

"At least lighten it up a little." Dazai had already noticed Kunikida being there, but why not mess with his head a little, he stepped closer to Chuuya and gave him a small peck to remove one of the coats, making it a soft red rather than the original dark red.

"..." 

"Heh" 

"Fuck you mean, heh?! What was that for, Osamu?!"

'Osamu?!' 

"Heh." 

A voice came through the speakers; "Attention everyone! The break is over, Please come back to the main area and take a seat!" 

"I guess we should get going." Chuuya shrugged before walking out with Dazai, Kunikida finally came out, mortified, shocked, and appalled. He couldn't even describe it. 

[Author's Note]

I will be changing the writing style slightly since I don't really like writing chat fics so it will have some more description and will be in past tense.