16 - cause what is simple in the evening

The bell finally rings, clock striking 4:00, relieving Nini of her tremendously boring math class. She carefully puts her pouch and book into her bag, zipping it shut and waiting quietly for everyone to leave to classroom. When the last person walks out she pulls her phone out of her pocket, pressing call.

"Hi mama"

"Hey neens, how was your day?" dana asks sweetly, faint noises of commotion behind her.

"It was okay, tiring actually, I'll have to stay back in school for tutoring though"

"Mark has a flight, how're you gonna get home? is Zeph staying?"

"I'll ask, ill figure something out don't stress"

"Okay anak, make sure you're home before nine max okay? Mama C and I are working late tonight, dinner's in the fridge"

"I will I will"

"I really have to go, text me when you figure something out, and tell your dad he better leave for the airport in maximum an hour okay? Bye my love"

and the line cuts off. She laughs and shakes her head, walking out and briskly making her way to Mark's office.

Unsurprisingly, he isn't ready to leave. He laughs sheepishly when he sees her, about to make an excuse to work a while longer. "I have to stay back longer, for tutoring, so you don't have to drop me"

"oh, alright"

"you still need to leave by five"

"yeah yeah, how are you getting home? cause you sure as hell aren't taking a taxi"

"I'm gonna ask zephyr or someone, ill manage I promise, I'm going to the library right now"

"ill come see you before I leave hmm? now let me work"

She goes up to him, giving him a quick hug and leaving. She stops by her locker, tying her hair up with a hair tie and taking out all her books. She manages to get most into her back, carrying the rest in her arms, including the 800 page chemistry textbook. She reaches the library, the quietness is calming, there's barely any noise. She sits down at a dark wooden table, texting Zephyr.