Twenty-eight

TRIGGER WARNING: Heavy topics will be described in detail, such as: death, violence, blood, mental illness

⸻⸻

Long pink hair ran down her back like a waterfall, her eyes wide open as dark circles rested beneath them. Her form was obscured by the darkness, her sleek suit and red tie a stark contrast to the dim surroundings. The air seemed to turn frigid, a biting cold that sent shivers coursing down my spine.

I stumbled back, my pulse racing, as a surge of adrenaline shot through me. My mind struggled to process what was happening.

She didn't move, her eyes boring into me with an intensity that felt like a physical weight on my skin. And then, with a voice as cold as the wind that whispered through the trees, she spoke,

"Y/N L/N."

She said my name, and it sounded so familiar that it shouldn't be real. Her words hung in the air, heavy and unsettling, like something I couldn't escape from.

⸻⸻

⸻⸻⸻

⸻⸻

...

I had no idea who this was. Like, at all.

I blink once, then twice. Forcing my brain to try and remember if the person in front of me is familiar to me in any way.

I had no recollection of this pink haired character. Not from my real life or here, or any of the shows that I've watched.

"Do I know you...?" I ask and take a step back. I made sure to keep my distance, for safety reasons. My gut was telling me that something was wrong. She never appeared in the original story.

Her eyes widened before she let out a dry chuckle, wiping a non-existent tear away from the corner of her eye. Speaking of her eyes, they were strange.

"They remind me of something..." I murmur, my brow furrowing as I try to grasp the memory just out of reach. The surface of her eye holds a captivating allure, almost like a delicate, intricate mechanism with intersecting lines that converge at the center, forming a mesmerizing pattern. The way her eye seems to gracefully expand and contract, reminiscent of the slow opening and closing of a celestial bloom, is strange.

'A lens...?' My thoughts were abruptly interrupted as her pace picked up, and in an instant, she vanished, only to reappear right in front of me. Her arm shot out, fully extended and ready to strike me down.

In that split second, her speed was astonishing, catching me off guard. The determination etched on her face was clear, and her arm moved with practiced precision. I could feel a rush of adrenaline surging through me, heightening my senses and propelling me into action.