Chapter 2 - Sweet Smiles

"What if he likes you?"

————————————————

I completely froze in my tracks. What the actual fu—
Sorry. I shook my head and looked at my best friend in absolute disbelief. "Tristan, just...what?"

Tristan came closer to me, "Think about it Ash. He called you interesting. And he said it himself, you're the first fan he's ever met that's really calm and relaxed." I just continued to stare at her in disbelief and said, "Did you bump your head or something?" She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "No, I did not."

I turned away from her and continued fiddling with Jay's napkin. I walked on in the back room, daring myself to not look at Tristan. "Tris, he just called me interesting. It didn't mean anything. It's not like he said 'I love you' or something. Besides, he just met me. Don't be ridiculous, there's no way the Park Jongseong could ever like me. He's a celebrity." Oof, I accidentally said that last part with a hint of emotion. But it's true. What I said to Jay earlier about him being human too may be hypocritical because while I think that, I also think that he's a bright and shining star. Compared to me, a nobody. Tristan sighed and leaned against the table, "I'm just saying, it could be a possibility. And honestly Ash, you shouldn't put yourself down like that you know?"

    I looked away from her and my shoulders drooped slightly. "I know Tris. But anyways, this is crazy. Let's just stop talking about this". I said and stuffed the cloth napkin into my apron pocket and then headed for the door. Tristan followed me, "Well, like I said it's just a possibility. But it's not... impossible". I ignored her and went back out to see the boys eating their food. My eyes wandered to Jay eating his pastry. God he looked so adorable as his eyes were focused on the pastry in front of him. I could see him judging the pastry determining whether or not it was good. He nodded his head slowly, concluding that it tasted good. I chuckled softly, admiring his cuteness. As I went back to working, I didn't notice Jay looking up from his pastry and watching me work.

    In about half an hour or so, the boys had finished eating and were getting up from their seats to leave. I watched as they headed for the door and said goodbye to Tristan and I and thanked us for the food. Jay was the last to leave and he gave me a small smile and a tiny wave before he left. This timeI couldn't help but smile and blushed a little. Tristan watched me and sidled up to me, nudging my shoulder with hers. "He is so into you~ You can't tell me otherwise". I rolled my eyes at her with a smile still plastered on my face, "Shut up'.

    Later that evening, I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. I finally met ENHYPEN. I finally met Jay. I couldn't believe it. Honestly speaking, I was so excited about everything that happened that I couldn't even focus on the accounting problem in front of me. It was only when my group mates were staring at me did I just realize that I'd been smiling to myself like an idiot for the past half an hour. I calmed myself and tapped my cheeks with both of my hands to snap out of it and get back to my work. That night, I went back home and the whole night I just giggled to myself about how amazing the evening had been. It was honestly the best day of my life.

—————————————————————

      The next morning, my day continued on like normal with me going to classes during the day and then working at the cafe in the afternoon. I was walking to the cafe while scrolling on my phone while I had my headphones on, blasting, you guessed it, ENHYPEN songs. Okay look, I swear I listen to other songs too besides their music. I just didn't want to forget about yesterday. Anyways, I was walking towards the cafe when suddenly I felt as if... someone was watching me. I felt chills creeping up my back and I peeked a little to see a black figure walking about a few feet away from me. Shit. I walked faster and I could hear the person behind me walk faster too. At this point, I was running and the figure ran too. Unfortunately, I was at least a kilometer away from the coffee shop and there was no one around me. Tears were at my eyes at this point as I ran faster and faster but my bag was weighing me down. The figure was catching up to me. Luckily, I knew this route well and took a short cut by ducking into an alleyway. What I didn't know was that the person that was following me also knew this path pretty well because they decided to follow me. I saw a convenience store up ahead across the street and ran for it.