Chapter 3

"I hope she hasn't been too harsh on you yeah?" spoke Jokichi as he knees down next to the bed, smiling genuinely at his wife for the first time in ages "Oh she did don't you worry... but we don't need her, I don't want to hear her superstitions again, not after what she just did" the man sighs, and rubs the woman on her head. Shortly after Ayano entered the room again "Ah... Ayano dear... welcome back" the mother smiles from ear to ear as a couple of tears escape from the corner of her eyes, getting overwhelmed already I see.

Ayano on the other hand, remained quiet as she walked up to the bed, looking down at her mother and new baby brother "Why was granny storming out angrily in the hallway?" the wife and husband looked at one another before they let out a sigh "It's... a bit complicated honey... you'll understand once you get older, because only then you and I will have a talk" said Ryoba, having a bit of seriousness in her weak tone. An awkward silence fell on the family, all of them looking at one another... "You really don't want to hold him-".

"You left me for two years all alone with my grandma, after all this time you come back home with a new child, is it meant to replace me because I cannot show emotions which upsets dad?" Ayano spoke out the cold words as she looked at her mother's eyes, the longer Ryoba looked back at her the more anger accumulated inside of her, luckily Jokichi stepped in "That's quite enough, Ayano, how could we ever replace you? don't you remember all the struggle we went through trying to fix you up? in your eyes, that doesn't mean anything does it?".

Ryoba grabs into his hand, trying to calm him down "Honey let's not ruin the moment... we'll talk to her later-" Jokichi, suddenly enraged by Ayano's claims, harshly pulls his hand away from her "Listen here Ayano, we shouldn't have had leave you alone yes... but we can't tell you the truth just yet! yes, we went on a business trip, but your mother had unfinished business! I get it, you're displeased... but what you just said now, hurts us in ways you won't understand".

True silence fell upon the room, as all Ayano did was to look on the floor with her hands on front. The door's knob suddenly turns as a nurse walked in "Mr. Jokichi- o-oh! I'm sorry... am I interrupting anything?" Jokichi looked at the nurse, before back at Ayano "You would've if someone didn't ruined it already, what is it?" feeling the tension burning from the room, the nurse gulps a tight knot "W-Well... visiting hours will be over soon..." nodding the man thanks her.

The next day Ayano was back at her actual house once again, she sat across her father at the kitchen table, the two looked at each other as if they were ready to throw hands "...I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier, it wasn't right for me to just scold you after we've been away for this long, leaving you alone with your grandma... did she gave you a hard time or anything?" Ayano slightly shakes her head, but remained silent.

Sighing out Jokichi rubs his eyes out of frustration "Look... you're growing up more and more... but I feel like I shouldn't have this talk with you about your mother's... past, but I feel confident for a fact that... you DO know about her past, after all she was the one to teach you some things about how to hide your tracks as a yandere didn't she?" Ayano went to say something but she got shut off by her father quickly "Don't try to defend yourself... I know way more than I appear to".

Standing up, he opens the fridge as she pulled out a cold one, a father is still a father after all, not to mention that football game that it's about to start "I... I failed to help you Ayano, you remember the countless times we took you to doctors to fix you, I don't understand your condition... but I know that it's not fixable anymore, you'll grow up as an emotionless girl" after that he simply walks away into the living room, leaving Ayano to ponder for herself "He doesn't fully know? so mom didn't told him everything".

As the moon made it's way above the the quiet neighborhood, the family of two were having a quiet dinner, with Jokichi not exactly sure of what to say and Ayano wondering what happened during their trip. Pouring down a glass of water for Ayano to drink, she looks up at her father before finally speaking "When is mom coming back?" gulping his bite of food, her answered "Well usually, after birth, both the mother and baby have to stay at the hospital for monitorization, so no problems will occur later on, it depends".

Looking at the sushi in front of her, the teen girl's appetite was beginning to fall apart the more she thought about the whole situation "Sweetie... don't you like that you'll have a baby brother?" "I guess" and yet again... the awkward silence fell upon them. With the father now washing the dishes Ayano was helping out by cleaning the table "Dad, did you made another child in hopes of having a normal one? one that feels emotions?".

Ayano's question struck Jokichi's heart as he flinched a little bit, instantly dropping the plates into the sink as he was caught off guard "...Hon, how could you say something like that?" is what he said after a whole minute passed. Turning around he looks down at Ayano's eyes, gripping into her shoulders "I already told you, we are NOT replacing you Ayano, you are still my beloved daughter, doesn't matter if you don't feel emotions! you will always be MY daughter! look... let's just get to bed yeah? it's getting late".

---*To be continued*---