Chapter 4

Quick A/N: Treat the first three chapters as a prologue.

Dozens of students walk down the path as they approach the building they're going to give away all of their sweat and tears into. The small, soft, pink petals fly through the air amongst the students as they talked with themselves, some knew each other, some were extremely distant to one another, some were already committing war crimes to other students that teachers will surely not give a single damn about.

In the big crowd of people there stood one student that could be easily recognizable, this one did not spark any joy. Her name was Ayano Aishi, she was now fully grown up and just turned twenty a couple of weeks ago, she was now attending a very prestigious post-high school called Akademi Academy which is totally not confusing at all. As everyone was taking their sit inside the gym, where the welcoming was taking place, a young girl with blue hair girl stepped up as she took the microphone in her hands "Everyone quiet down!".

Meanwhile back in the car, Jokichi was impantiently waiting in traffic "Excited for your first day of school?" asked Ryoba as he glanced into the rearview window, popping a smile "...I don't know mom, people can be very mean..." "He has a point, kids can be real mean nowadays" added Jokichi as Ryoba only lets out a small giggle "Don't worry sweetheart, I bet you'll make a lot of friends! I can't wait to hear all about your guy's first day of school!".

Since it was the first time Fudoki was attending school his parents had to be there, which was fine with both of them really since they wanted to take pictures for memories, but something wasn't fine with Jokichi. He doesn't only want to make memories with one of his children but both of them, not being able to take a picture with Ayano with her first day of post-high school makes him sad. Regardless, they too attend the speech that everyone knows at this point whenever school starts.

"Ah, you must be Fudoki Aishi! what a cute little guy we have here!" spoke the teacher as she crouched at his level, extending her hand for a shake. Fudoki being the man he was he accepted it, even though he blushed a lot, sitting up again she bows "I'm glad to meet you two as well, my name is Alohi Sensei, I'm glad you choose our school for your cute boy to study at, I will do my very best to guide him on the right path".

The two parents smile. proud that they can re live this moment once again, this time with more color and life than with Ayano... where the teacher was quite skeptical of Ayano due to her condition "Of course, after all this was the same school his older sister went to, I am sure he'll have a great time here" spoke Jokichi with a smile, making Ryoba a little jealous but she doesn't want to create a scene, she won't be that woman anymore, she promised herself that, she promised Fudoki.

"Honey I'll be at the car if you need me, I need to get the camera" said Jokichi as Ryoba looked at him "We can take pictures with our phones?" "The camera is higher quality" Ryoba nodded her head. Leaving the two alone the man sat in the driver's seat as he was filled with overwhelming emotion "Man it feels like yesterday that Fudoki was born... it feels like yesterday that I crouched down to take pictures with little Ayano... now it's Fudoki's turn..." he throws his head back, letting out some happy tears fall down "Why don't you like your brother Ayano...".

"Thank you, everybody, I hope you'll have a great time at Akademi high school" spoke the headmaster before walking down the stage. Many people cheered and clapped as others would cover their ears as how loud the room became. As they shortly made their way outside one by one suddenly someone ran past Ayano, accidentally bumping her as they did, causing the girl to lose balance and fall on her front.

Some people gasped, but the person who ran away, actually turned around and helped Ayano back up "I'm so sorry! a-are you okay? you didn't got hurt right?" the person turns out to be a boy, who had a very concerned expression on his face, Ayano remained silent as she looks at him... the more she looks the more she feels a tingly sensation inside of her "Yeah, I'm okay, thank you" sighing in relief that boy bows down "I'm sorry! I have to hurry back home to my sister..." and with that he takes off running again.

The day goes by real quick as evening rolled down upon the people, the front door open revealing Ayano "I'm back home" she spoke out loudly, Fudoki glanced over but didn't really said much... he was a bit scared of her, okay maybe a bit more. "Welcome back sweetheart! how was your first day of post-high school? or should we just call it college?" spoke the mother who had a constant smile one, meaning that today was a very important day for her too.

Ayano sat down at the kitchen table, still in her school uniform "It was okay, we had to sat through a boring speech, tomorrow is the actual first day" she couldn't help but think of the encounter of that boy earlier, too bad she didn't catch his name... but it made her lips to play on her face, making Ryoba smirking as she takes a sit down "Have you met him?" is all she asked, leaning into the table with a yandere-ish smile, which made Ayano smile for the first time ever "Yes, I believe I have".

"Whatcha doing champ? playing games again?" spoke Jokichi from behind as Fudoki got startled "N-No! I was just..." he lets out a laugh as he sits down next to his son "You have school tomorrow you know? meaning you can't stay up so late anymore as you used to, you'll get used to this schedule..." glancing in the back Jokichi could've feel the evil that radiated from the kitchen, which made him panic even more.

With the family now having dinner, Ryoba helping Fudoki put some rice on his bowl, Jokichi looked at his children, not exactly happy that they ignore one another, or mainly Ayano... which seems to made Fudoki scared of her, he can only imagine what she has done to her brother... "Right! you have club activites now Ayano! decided on what you wanna do? what are your options?" spoke Ryoba as she tried to make chit chat, making Jokichi confused as of why she took so much interest in Ayano's school suddenly.

"They're optional, besides I don't know what my options are" spoke Ayano as cold as ever. The mom smiles as she takes a bit from her own rice, noticing how her husband was in deep thought... but decided to keep quiet about it for now. Fudoki was quietly eating, avoiding everyone's glance "I'm sorry honey we couldn't made it in time for you as well, I'm sure you understand-" "I understand you guys focus on Fudoki more than me, after all he can feel emotions and everything, something dad is craving for" Ayano glared at Jokichi, as the man remained quiet.

"Why do you hate me so much?" spoke the little brother, looking up at his older sister who gave him the emotionless treatment "Ayano we've been over this... he has a higher priority, he's only six" Fudoki quietly stood up before running upstairs, Ryoba was quick to run after him "...There, are you proud of what you've done Ayano?" said Jokichi, getting angry this time around "Young lady... no... I don't have the strength to yell at you, I wanted to tell you something important on CALMER terms".

Ryoba hugged her child dearly close to her, rubbing gently his head "Shh my little one... it's okay... mama is here" it was no surprise that Fudoki was crying out loud "Don't take her words to heart dear... she's... special" Fudoki looks up at his mom, tears streaming down "Why does my sister hate me so much?" "Hon... she... can't hate you, she doesn't feel emotion like we do, she doesn't know how to feel hate, she's just cold... emotionless, that's the curse" kissing his forehead she resumes to hugging.

He lets out a sigh "Sadly we cannot refuse this, I don't trust you with this task at all..." "Just spit it out already" Ayano was getting impatient as Jokichi got angrier "There's no easy way of putting this together when YOU Ayano, behave like a BITCH!" he slams his palms on the table, if she could feel emotions it would be both surprise and fear "Your mother and I need to go to America for a business trip! so that means you'll be all alone with your brother for the following months!".

---*To be continued*---