Chapter 6

Hunter's voice trailed off as he noticed the suspicious looks on Ellie and Piper's faces. He raised his brows in confusion. "Is everything okay?" Ellie and Piper exchanged a quick glance, unsure of how to respond. The truth had slipped through the cracks once before, and they were hesitant to reveal their relationship again. But lying was just as unpleasant. After a moment of silence, Ellie finally spoke, her voice tinged with nervousness. "Uh, yeah, just...talking. We were planning a surprise for our moms. It's a secret." She hoped her explanation would calm Hunter's curiosity. Hunter's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Surprise? What surprise?" Piper jumped in and played with Ellie's story. "We want to have a special family dinner. We thought it would be nice to surprise them with a home-cooked meal." She tried to maintain a calm and innocent demeanor even as her heart pounded. Hunter's initial suspicions seemed to ease a bit as he considered their explanation. "Oh, I see. That sounds really nice of you guys. Okay, let me know if you need help with anything." Relief washed over Ellie and Piper, their secret narrowly avoided being revealed again. They both managed a convincing smile and thanked Hunter for his offer. Once Hunter left the room, Ellie and Piper collapsed onto Piper's bed and let out a collective sigh. "That was too close," Ellie whispered, her voice full of anxiety and excitement. Piper nodded and pulled Ellie closer. "I know, but we have to be careful. We can't rush into revealing our relationship to everyone just yet. It's important to take things at our own pace." After lying next to each other for a while, they came up with an idea - a day trip to a secluded beach where they could enjoy each other's company undisturbed. The next day they packed a picnic basket and headed to the beach. The sun was shining and there were only a few people along the coast looking out for their own and enjoying their privacy. After setting up a tent, Ellie and Piper decided to go for a swim in the sea. They had the feeling of freedom, joy, and couldn't stop checking each other out from top to bottom. They laughed, swam in the water and ate delicious tortillas and drank refreshing drinks. As the day dragged on and the sunlight began to fade, Ellie and Piper held hands and walked along the beach. The sound of crashing waves filled the air and created a peaceful atmosphere. In this peaceful moment, Ellie and Piper felt a deep sense of connection and love for each other. As the sun began to sink below the horizon, painting the sky in shades of pink and orange, Ellie pulled Piper closer. "I love you," she whispered, her voice filled with sincerity and affection. Piper smiled, her eyes sparking with emotion. "I love you too Ellie." They looked at each other and Ellie grabbed Piper's neck and pulled her closer for a kiss.