002

MONDAY. 10PM.

that recruiter... he refused to tell you his real name. 'just call me dabi, darling.' were his words. as if that made it less sketchy.

your friend was a flag girl for some street racing team, and she made good money. she was kind enough to hook you up with a couple gigs, leading to this dabi coming to you with a proposition. less lucrative than your friend's deal, but better than nothing. 

and hey, if they were going to pay you to wave a couple a flags, stand around, and look pretty... what type of fool would say no? you were broke and needed the cash.

"i just wish this stupid uniform didn't ride up my ass," you muttered. it was a curve-hugging outfit. booty shorts. a zip-up leather jacket that cropped right below your boobs. thigh high heels. god, you looked you could be an extra in those fast and furious movies. 

as you walked down the dark and empty street, you palmed the pin dabi gave you; an insignia to show in case any one wanted to step to you, which basically just symbolized 'fuck around and find out.' 

 in any case, you were just glad to be there. tunneling down an alleyway, the pavement faded into dirt. you cautiously padded onto the track before someone grabbed your arm and yanked you to the side.

"are you crazy?!" the voice, a feminine and seemingly young one, yelled at you. "you can't just walk onto the track!"

you blinked, heat rushing to your face in embarrassment. it hasn't even been two minutes and you messed up. "shit, i'm sorry."

the girl said nothing but guided you into a nearby flat. you caught the name SHIGARAKI above the door as you walked in. the bright white tiles and walls blinded you, and you shut your eyes to adjust.

"is this our new girl, touya?"

"don't call me that in front of other people, toga." 

"whatever, dabi." toga sighed. "ugh, you're so emo."

your eyes slowly open as you take in the surroundings. there's a lot of screens showing security feeds of the track and the areas around it, and a lot of headsets. there's a wall of helmets, each one with a different design and charm to it. there's a single sofa and a couple of beanbags around where everyone sits and watches you. 

you waved. "hey."

the girl beside you squealed. "omg you are so cute!!" she gushed, bouncing on the balls of her feet before scurrying off to sit at the side of who you assumed was the big bad shigaraki. 

he simply took in your look, his eyes trailing down your body. finally, his eyes reset and lock with yours, sending you a single nod in approval. you bristle under the sliver of praise, the embarrassment of the earlier moment gone. 

toga is the one doing the heavy lifting, trying to relieve the awkwardness in the room. "y/n, right? i'm so happy to have another girl on the team!" she rests a hand on her hip and juts a thumb at the guys. "these guys are grumpy all the time."

you giggle as your eyes drift around the room. they're all good looking. toga's got a black denim skirt on, adorned with a belt with hearts for holes. she has a cropped tube top on, her arms covered by a bulky racing jacket. the boys all had variations of the same uniform: black racing suit with bright, bright red accents as well as their respective names across one arm and the expanse of their back. 

"thought you'd ditch," dabi said with a small smirk.

you roll your eyes, smiling even though he took a dig at you. "and let you down? never."

his lazy eyes crease slightly as he grins. "compress'll walk you through the mechanics. our races are entertainment, so we try to make them flashy. he's the one in charge of all that." he nods to compress, who brushed wavy hair from his face.

"hello, darling," the man in question gave you an enchanting smile as he stood. "it's very nice to meet you." he hooked his arm through yours as he led you over to the monitors. he pointed to various areas on the track as he detailed what you would be doing. 

"got all that?" he asked once he was finished his spiel. you nodded, getting the gist of what you would be doing. 

"are you sure?"

your head turned to see shigaraki standing up, shoving his hands into the pockets of his suit. his blood red eyes surveyed you and suddenly you felt self-conscious. "sorry?"

"i asked, are you sure?" he walked closer to you and out of the corner of your eye, you saw compress retreat to where the others stood. he was boxing you against the table behind you, his gaze unmoving from yours. "done this before?"

"yeah, actually." you mumbled, crossing your arms against your chest. "my friend and i did for a couple other groups..."

"well, as of now, you're exclusively our girl." he said. the racing suit clasps just below his chin but you can see some scarring. "we can't have you fraternizing with other losers. got it?"

your breath catches at his words and you nod. "yeah. okay."

he smiles and you're too busy drinking in the sight to smile back. "good. it's your debut, after all. make it a good one." 

a loud, blaring buzz shakes the walls of the flat. shigaraki grins and turns to his team. "that's us, guys. let's smoke these assholes."