Chapter 1: Running Away... (edit)

When Dally, Yugo, and Adamai returned to the Sadida Kingdom after their mission, they found the rest of the Brotherhood waiting for them outside the forest preparing to eat.

"Finally!" Ruel exclaimed, "You guys were taking forever!"

"Hello to you as well, Ruel," Adamai politely replied.

"HEY GUYS!!!" Yugo charismatically yelled as he ran to catch up with his brother, "How are you all?" He was out of breath when he finally caught up with him but gave the whole brotherhood a warm and welcoming smile.

"We're well, Yugo," Amalia said, blushing slightly at his concern for them.'

"Sorry we took so long," Adamai apologized, "Alibert needed extra help in the inn when we were in Emelka, so we assisted him."

"There was also a great gerbil rebellion, so we just had to help. That is what the heroes are for!" Dally boasted while puffing his chest out proudly. 

"My big-hearted Iop warrior," Eva teased. She gave him a quick peck on his cheek making the both of them blush. Adamai looked away with a look of disgust on his face.

"Let's get eating before the food freezes!" Amalia joked, leading her friends to the heart of the forest where the picnic was set up beforehand. Everyone ate in peace and chatted for hours after the food was finished. They all walked to the outside of the Sadida castle as they watched the sun set behind them.

Dally yawned dramatically before saying, "I'll see you guys later. I'm exalted." Eva rolled her eyes as Adamai walked up to him and whispered, "Exhausted, Dally. You're exhausted." 

Adamai stepped back and watched Dally mouth 'oh' before lightly chuckling, saluting to the group, and walking off into the castle to find his guest bedroom.

"I'm going to go to bed as well. I'll you all tomorrow," Ruel added, also walking into the castle.

Only Adamai, Yugo, Amalia, and Eva were left standing there in a peaceful silence. Yugo quickly noticed Eva and Amalia staring at his hat. Yugo was intimidated by this, and his hat-ears moved into a slightly downward position.

"Guys..." Yugo slowly and nervously stuttered, "W-why are you starting at me l-like that...?"

"Well, Yugo, we have a question for you," Evangeline answered. Adamai silently rolled his eyes as he secretly knew how Yugo felt at the question.

"I already hate where this is going," he sarcastically whispered under his breath, though Eva noticed. 

Amalia ignored Adamai and asked, "Yugo... what's under your hat?" Yugo's wings shot straight upward and flared hot in his hat to show his shock.

"It's- It's nothing, it's nothing, I- I can't show you..." he said nervously, desperately trying to escape from the current situation. "I- I'm not quite ready yet."

"But why aren't you ready?!" Eva exclaimed impatiently, making Yugo flinch.

"What... what do you mean?"

"What we mean is that we've been with you since day one and we should have a right to know!" Amalia said, her voice slowly getting louder.

"Just g-give me more time.... Please," Yugo begged as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

"Hey, bro, it's ok. You don't have to show us what's under your hat if you're not ready," Adamai told him as he glared at the girls adding, "Drop. The. Subject." His voice was clearly overtaken by anger.

"Fine, we'll drop it," Amalia and Eva hesitantly promised, "for now." They had mumbled the last bit, hiding it from Adamai.

Later that evening, the Brotherhood of the Tofu gathered to eat a dinner. Eva talked with Dally and Amalia while Yugo conversed with Adamai and Ruel. As everyone finished, Ruel and Dally both went to go to bed and to rest in general after saying goodnight to the brotherhood. Adamai also went to sleep, but reluctantly because he was worried about leaving his brother with the two girls. 

As he left, of course, the girls put their plan into action against him.

Amalia continued conversation with Yugo, easily distracting him, and Evangeline snuck behind him in attempt to pull off his hat. Yugo became aware that she was behind him though, and he turned to look. Eva stood silent with a hold on the edge of his hat.

Yugo stared at her with a distrustful, hateful look. He was more than upset. He thought she'd understand why he didn't want to take off his hat.

"What are you DOING?!" he shouted at the girl, knocking her hand away from him and standing in a defensive way. "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU GUYS!" he just continued to yell, as his tears returned.

"I - I thought I could trust you, but look who's wrong." he quietly told them, his tone sharp and hurt and his words sincere- in a bad way. He gave up and let himself cry for them to see as he created a portal and jumped through it, leaving Eva and Amalia alone in the dining room.

That night he gathered his things, wrote a note for his brother, and opened a portal to be gone without a trace and going to a place where he could just be alone.