Chapter 4: Yugo...? (Edit)

MG16: So I cut out a bunch of the rest of this song lyrics (I think) because I don't want to spend forever copying them down. There was more in the original story I just don't want to write more of this. I'M REALLY SORRY IF MOONTHEELIATROPE JUST HAPPENS TO BE REALLY GOOD AT WRITING POEMS. Thank you.

Amalia stared as they followed Yugo's voice.

"Yug-"

Adamai cut her off with his hand as he pulled her back into hiding behind the bushes. He signaled for the rest of the Brotherhood to follow him.

"Be quiet and listen to what he has to say, please," he whispered. They nodded and listened closely.

"Oh, hey, I had a night, I had a day. I did one million stupid things, I said a billion foolish things... I'm not ok... I got a baseball bat beside my bed, to fight off what's inside my head, to fight off what's inside my meds, I'm lonely, I'm lost in pain..."

The brotherhood was shocked at this as they wondered what else he felt. Adamai told them to stay hidden.

"What is he planning to do?" Amalia asked.

"I don't know, maybe comfort Yugo," Dally stated the obvious.

They quieted down to watch the brothers.

Adamai told him, "It's alright, it's okay, it's alright, it's ok, you're not a monster, just a human and you made a few mistakes. It's alright, it's okay, it's alright, it's okay, you're not gruesome, just human and you made a few mistakes. It's alright... It's okay..."

"AGH, DOFUS!" Yugo screamed as his Eliatrope markings started glowing and his eyes turned an electric blue.

"I threw a brick right through the window, my life ignored the signals, I'm high and drunk on ego, can't see straight, so I just feel my way around. And I am touch, I am grabbing, everything I can't be having... I'm broken down in shame..."

The rest of the brotherhood left the hiding place and went to comfort Yugo, who stood there with tears streaming down his face and his markings glowing. 

Amalia went over to him and hugged him. Amalia copied Adamai's words and hugged him tighter as she finished.

"I don't if I'm capable of coming out of this alive..."

The brotherhood was left shocked again.

"I think I'd rather be blind... I don't want to know I'm not capable, I'm capable."

As the brotherhood kept hugging him, he felt safe for the first time since he had left the castle. He calmed down and his Eliatrope markings dimmed. He stopped crying and sighed.

The group just exchanged thank-yous for a while.

"We're always here for you, don't be scared to talk to us," they told Yugo. After a while, they set free from the hug.

"Thank you guys... I'm sorry if I've been difficult for the past few days. I just have had a lot on my plate..." he responded.

"Hey, Yugo," Amalia said, "I'm sorry for pressuring you about what's under your hat. I understand if you can't forgi-"

She was cut off as Yugo hugged her with more tears falling down his face.

"I forgave you and Eva a long time ago," he said as Eva joined their hug. 

The brotherhood sat down on the forest floor as Adamai teleported to the palace to get them food. They ate to their hearts' content.

After a few hours, Yugo began to feel sleepy, so Amalia made him a flower bed so he could lay down and sleep. He closed his eyes and drifted off peacefully.

Amalia sat down on the flower bed and moved Yugo's head to her lap so that she could mess with his hair.

"Now that Yugo's asleep, can we talk about what just happened?" Ruel asked.

"Yeah, I mean, we didn't know he felt this way and he never told us anything," Dally said, holding Eva's hand.

"Plus, it's obvious he had a lot of trouble expressing his emotions to us," Eva added, watching Amalia fall asleep.

"Am I the only one who thinks these two have a thing for each other?" Adamai asked.

"Nope."

The brotherhood awake enjoyed each-others' company, ever once and a while watching Yugo shift his position so that he was next to Amalia.

They stayed silent before Adamai sighed and began to say, "This is the first time I've seen him sleep peacefully since he defeated Qilby."

"What does that mean?" Ruel asked, "Hasn't he been sleeping?"

"Yes and no. He's had multiple nightmares and every time he does, he doesn't bother going back to sleep..." Adamai answered, recalling the nights where he listened to Yugo crying quietly.

"I hope he can forgive himself. I mean, those things were done so that we could save the World of Twelve; it wasn't his fault," Eva said, glancing at sleeping Yugo. 

Amalia began to wake up. She looked around confused as she gradually remembered what had happened. She blushed and got up slowly as to not wake the sleeping Eliatrope. She walked over to the others and sat next to Eva.

"Hey, guys, what are you talking about?" Amalia asked, Eva giving her a warm smile.

"Nothing important, princess," she replied.

"Soooooo~ Do you have  thing for my little brother, Amalia?" Adamai asked, smirking at the look on Amalia's face. She was heavily blushing.

"N- no, maybe, yes.... Just don't tell him, please," she answered flustered.

"I won't tell him on one condition. You kiss him," Adamai smirked again as Amalia turned into a living tomato.

"H- HUH!? Fine... I'll do it..." she said, walking over to the sleeping Yugo. She gave him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"H- Happy now?" she asked aggressively, Eva joining in on the smirking.

"That just happened," Ruel said as Dally quietly fangirled.

They spent another few minutes in the forest before they returned to the palace. Adamai was carrying his brother when he, all of the sudden, woke up.

" Wha- Where are we going?!" he exclaimed before recalling that they were in the Sadida kingdom. He relaxed and started to drift back into undisturbed sleep. He knew that he was safe with friends, but he still wondered if it would be the same now that they knew what was under his hat.