Chapter 7: Literally Crushing on You

Having sent the video as a blackmail, the lonely guy now sit and wait on one of the swing set. With the sun long gone, the street lamps light up the neighbor park brightly as one of them hover over him like a spotlight.

In the shadows of the big tree, he could almost make out the faint shape of a girl walking towards him. Stepping out of the shadow, he could see her body form as it stood out even in her loose blue button up blouse tuck into her khaki pants. Even on a gloomy and lonely day like this in his life, she still somehow manages to shake his heart up. And no matter how pleasant this feeling is, he found it rather annoying tonight. Why? Well, she was as cold as Pluto but yet her presence still brought warmth to him, making his day less crappy.

How much do I even know about her to feel this way towards her? He thought as his shoulders went slump at his own question.

He ruffle his hair a couple of time, involuntarily fixing it when she was only a few steps away. She stare back with her usual expression. A cold mask that hid the many beauty of hers behind it.

"What is it that you want from me?" She growl through gritted teeth as if dealing with a troublesome kid.

"Simple...I want you." J-Hope smile weakly at her as he look up from his lap, lifting his head up slightly to face her. "Be my girlfriend for a month...and I won't upload the video onto the internet

"Are you that desperate just to go this far?" She scoff as she turn her gaze away from him, unable to stare at the pitiful man.

"And...after a month, if you still have the same feeling you have now, I will happily accept it and move on from this one-sided crush."

"Fine...I will accept this offer as long as you don't upload the video." Jae Hwa confront, knowing very well as to how beneficial this deal can be to her. She can use this deal to succeed in her assignment and her reputation won't be ruin all because of a simple mistake of hers caught in a one minute video.

Seeing that she made the deal with him after an awkward handshake, she decided to make her way back home, where she can rest from today's many headache. But then, J-hope continue on holding onto her hand even after the shake had ended. His gaze was not fix on her but rather her shoes. Lifting his gaze to meet hers, he slightly open his mouth, ready to say something.

"Would you like to have a drink with me? Just as a friend, as someone who I can talk to comfortably to." J-Hope ask, suddenly finding himself at the verge of wanting to break down and cry in front of her.

No matter how much she wanted to refuse his offer, she couldn't after looking at him. With just one glance, she knew that he was having one of those mysterious day. Those mysterious days where you can go off or break down without actually having any reason.

"I guess..." She said already regretting the words that left her mouth.

They both silently walk side by side as he hid within her cold embrace. His arm resting around her shoulder with his head against hers. It was quite humid tonight with stars and a full moon out to light up the dark sky. By now, his emotion has calm down a bit but for her, she try to hold back on pushing him away for not knowing about personal space.

Soon, they arrive at the pojangmacha and to their surprise, it wasn't at all busy tonight. Taking their seat across from each other, a lady in a brown plaid dress with a white apron wrap around her waist came to us and took our order of chicken feet, ttoboki and five bottles of soju.

As they sat and wait for their food to arrive, Jae Hwa kept her eyes out on the busy street while J-Hope softly smile at her, thankful that she was there with him. The only time they actually made eye contact was when the lady return with their fresh and hot food. Instead of digging in, they sat there and continue to stare at each other. Jae Hwa wasn't the type who could comfort people so as substitution for those comforting words, her hand reach over and rest on top of his hands. Though she wasn't sure if this gesture display what she wanted to, she just quickly took the chance.