Day One

August 4th, 2023, Day 1

Bad Halo, or simply Bad, was not your regular high school student; he was a demon. Now, Bad wasn't a full demon, only half, and he acted more like an angel, but he still looked like what he was, and that scared people. 

One of his only friends was a diamond hybrid named Skeppy. The poor kid was always made fun of for the way the side of his face was framed with little blue diamond specks and he had a blueish tint to his skin in some places, although to Bad, they were quite pleasing to the eye. 

Bad was sitting in his usual spot by the back of the room in his english class, where his assigned seat was. His green eyes constantly wandered out of the window to look at the birds on the trees outside. Light streamed into the pristine classroom, illuminating the white tiles of the floor and making them look like they had the heavens' blessing shining down on them. 

The birdong was muffled through the glass, but the tune of a Goldfinch still faught it's way through the monotone of the classroom and lit up the room a tiny bit with it's golden sweet song, making Bad feel just a bit better.

"... Bad!" Bad jolted out of his thoughts and looked over at the teacher, a bit worried; he hadn't  been paying attention, so if his teacher asked him anything from withing the last ten minutes,  he was screwed. 

"Yes, Mr. Blade?" Bad had to fight his own voice to not shake and show how nervous he was. It was bad enough that Mr. Blade was the most terrifying teacher in the whole school, but Mr. Blade had a knack for reading tones and faces. 

"You zoned out there, Bad. I was asking, did you do your poetry for this weeks assignment?" Mr. Blade's crimson eyes pinned Bad to his seat, making the young half demon tense up. 

"Y-yes sir." Bad informed his teacher, his voice shaking now, although it was from relief. "Good, now come up here and read it so we can end this class." Mr. Blade motioned to the spot in front of his desk where Skeppy was just stepping away from, making room for Bad to walk up and take his place.

Bad was sweating nervously as he clumsily fished out his paper from the depths of his backpack, crumpling it up a bit in the process of taking it out. The demon hastened up to stand in front of the class, his heart racing. What if they hated it? Would they make fun of him? 

Bad felt as if all the negative thoughts in the world were running a mile a minute in his head, spinning in an ever darkening loop of stage fright mixed with that deadly and efficient killer, Glossophobia (fear of public speaking). As he set foot on the spot marked with neon green tape, he looked at Skeepy for reassurance. 

Skeppy flashed him a supportive thumbs up and his bright smile that lit up the entire room with its radiance. He watched Bad with intent, giving him a 'go' motion. Bad took a deep breath and unfolded his paper. The room went quiet, like they were all taking a deep breath before the inevitable laughing commenced. The demon looked down at the words scrawled down on the page in his hands , and then he took a deep breath, and began.

Or he tried. 

As soon as the first syllable left his tongue an ear piercing scream sliced through the grey silence and lit the mood of the scene red. Bad's head snapped towards the direction of the noise, along with the rest of the room. Bad heard the finch from earlier let out a warning cry before it flew into the air. The scilence faded to a suspenseful shade of blueish grey hues. No one made a sound. They could all tell something was wrong. Very, very wrong. 

"... What was that?" A sheep hybrid, nicknamed Puffy, asked. Her brown eyes timidly watched the door, and a ruler was held in her hand. Her voice cut through the air like a knife through butter, and it released a hurricane of questions and words from the class full of worried fifteen year old children.