27

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

Yesterday had left me exhausted, and I'm not even sure why. All I know is that I feel horrible for Mr. Tate, and especially his daughter. The man is out hunting a coyote who he thinks killed his family—not realizing that it was his daughter.

I was sleeping soundly, when I was rudely woken up by a phone call from my father. I looked at my clock before answering, groaning when it read 6am.

"Hello?"  I greeted groggily.

"Good morning, sweetie. Sorry if I woke you, but you might want to get down to the preserve." My dad tells me, sighing over the phone.

"Nah, you didn't wake me. I've actually been awake for the past three hours doing bible study!" I exclaim sarcastically, chuckling.

"Oh, right! Completely slipped my mind." He laughed along with me.

"See you soon."

⋆ ★

Getting ready, I threw on some random warm clothes and bolted out the door, jumping into the truck and heading to the preserve.

I see a few police cars, and one FBI vehicle, rolling my eyes, I already knew exactly who it was. But I smiled when I seen the Jeep, and Scott's bike.

Smirking to no one in particular, I sneak up behind my two best friends, grabbing both of their shoulders and growling.

Stiles screamed like a girl and Scott tried to punch me, but I caught his fist, and he let out a dry chuckle.

"Scotty? You'd hit a girl?" I fake gasp and place my hand on my heart.

He started stuttering and I just laughed in response, waving it off. I put my chin on Scott's shoulder from behind the pair.

"What did you guys find?" I questioned.

"Well—"Stiles spoke up before getting cut off by the devil himself.

"I'll speak with you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods at this time." Agent McCall tells his son sternly, pointing at him.

I was staring daggers at the man as he walked away. Removing my chin from the taller boy's shoulder, I looked to Stiles expectantly.

"Ahem, 'Well' what?" I cleared my throat.

"We were searching the woods late last night and found Malia's den. We found a bunch of her stuff and—"

I throw my hands up in the air and scoff, "nice guys. Now she's not gonna come back here, it probably reeks of wolf—which coyotes hate, by the way."