Released

The morning sun shines high above Woodsboro town Square. Cars come to life, townfolk stir as the picture postcard community awakens.
Sophie and Randy are sitting at the kitchen table, both dressed and ready for school.
At six thirty, Randy woke Sophie by banging on her front door, scaring the living shits out of her. He heard the news from his sister that Sophie was attacked. Randy pushed a plate of pancakes towards Sophie. A small television sits on the counter.
"Are you sure you want to go to school?" Randy asks to take a bite of food.
"I'd rather be at school than be at home alone."
From the television, Sophie hears her name.
REPORTER - ...broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased. Cotton Weary is currently awaiting his appeal for the death sentence handed down after the young Sidney Prescott testified
against him. She was the key whiteness in the States prosecution...
There was a knock on the front door. Randy goes to answer it while Sophie stares at the television screen. Randy enters the kitchen with Sheriff Burke following close behind.
"Stu and Billy were released. The cellular bill was clean, only calls made were to you. Both camera footage from the shop store and Blockbuster backed both men up. It shows them pulling up outside the blockbuster while you were being attacked inside the store...they didn't do it. I gotta say, you put up a good fight though." He says here.
Sophie tries to smile. "Is Sidney okay?"
"She's fine. We haven't told Dewey a thing... just for protection purposes."
"Okay...thanks."
"Don't worry...we will catch this son-of-a-bitch." Sheriff Burke promises.

Once again, reporters line the street attacking students as they make their way to school, asking questions, hungry for that teenage insight.
Randy pulls up in front of the school as he follows Sheriff Burke. They both waited till he opens Randy's car door.
"Sophie. You should be safe here."
Sophie forces herself out of the car as a microphone is shoved in her face...
REPORTER-How does it feel to be almost raped...
Sheriff Burke stands in front of the young girl. Sophie looks around nervously. Randy has his arm wrapped around her shoulders, pushing reporters away. She spots Sidney and Tatum talking, their lips are moving quickly. Sidney looks around nervously. She watches Tatum put her arm around Sidney's shoulder and rushes into school avoiding the reporters. Randy and Sophie make their way across campus.
"Sophie, relax. You're at school now. No one can get you here." Randy whispers to her.
"They could be here..."
They move up the walk as a figure falls in step behind them, wearing a ghost face mask.
"Serial killers are smart by definition. They minimize their risk. They plan and pre-calculate everything. Showing up here would be the most lame - brain move he could make." Randy explains.
As easy as the figure appeared, it disappears, falling out of sight, unseen by either of them.
They move up the front steps towards the main doors of the school as the ghost face figure reappears...standing at the top of the steps.
Sophie sees it first, she stops dead in her tracks. She steps back, spinning around to find a ghost face behind her as well, both of them approaching, closing in on her. Sophie starts to scream when the two ghost face figures burst out laughing, tearing off across campus. Randy chases after them with a few police officers.
Arms wrap around her, twisting her body to face him. Sophie screams, trying to get out of the grip.
"Sophie! Stop, it's me." A familiar voice says grabbing her attention.
Her head snaps up to look into bright blue eyes.
"Stu..." she sobs.
He pulls her into his chest. His arms wrap around the back of her shoulders, pulling her close to him. Sophie sobs into his chest, holding on to him for dear life.
"Shhh! I've got you." Stu whispers, kissing the top of her head.
They hear shouts from behind them. Stu and Sophie turn to see two students being handcuffed and dragged towards the police car. One of the male students smirks and winks at sophie. Stu goes to lunge forward but a hand grabs his shoulders. Billy appears from behind Stu. He shakes his head, but his eyes are locked onto the two students who are being pushed into the back of the police car.
"Take her to your house..." Billy tells him.
"What about the party?" Stu asks.
"We are still having the party. Get Sophie out of here."
Billy watches Stu and Sophie walk across campus. Stu puts her in the front seat of the car and he quickly drives off before the reporters could hound them.