Chapter 20- party day (part 3)

"Tyler." I demand as soon as I walk into his small dorm room. "Yeah?" He turns towards me, nothing but his boxers on. "You and Kenzie are dating, right?" I ask him, overlooking his boxers for just a moment. "More like best friends." He corrects as he pulls on some jeans. Thank god. "You wanna know what's going on with her, don't you?" Tyler looks me straight in the eye, and I stare back. "Am I that transparent?" I grin slightly, and he nods quickly. "Definitely. Now, what would you like to know? Because she spills everything to me. Drunk or sober. I'm kind of like her...er... What-cha-call it." "Therapist." I smile and look down at the ground, then back up at him. "Why is she so sad?" I ask, and his face softens. "Her dad just died, dude. She didn't tell you?" He says quietly, and immediately my eyes widen in shock. "She doesn't know where the rest of her family is, either. She tried getting ahold of her aunt, but she never answered. It's like her whole family abandoned her." Tyler speaks quickly and quietly. Why would anyone abandon their own family members.. "When we were in the bar, last night.." Tyler starts. "She got the phone call from the hospital that he had died that night. She told me, while that retired cop was standing next to us. He supposedly knew her father, and he directly said to her 'your father deserved to die.' Straight to her fucking face..." Tyler pauses and inhales sharply. "They served in Afghanistan together.. I told him to fuck off, and I lied about the weed. I had no weed, that little shit swung at me, and I fought back." I stare at Tyler, noticing the tears in his eyes that he keeps pushing away. I glare at him, and then look down. "Is she okay?" I ask, Looking back at him. He shrugs. "She was really upset... and seemed depressed about it.." I sigh, and close my eyes. 'Please be okay..' I think. 

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter guys! The next one is going to be rather long, I promise. So to let you know, i just wrote a new story called "Lucy"!!! Please check it out! I would love for you guys to read it. Thanks!