Chapter 2 - Is this really goodbye?

Allison's POV

The last couple of days have been filled with going into town and buying some last-minute stuff and doing activities together, we have gone to theme parks, rock climbing, packing of course and swimming at the beach. 

First thing in the morning at before I go to bed, I check the portal to see if I have any more emails, but I don't. 

knowing my luck, I probably won't receive another email.

Today is the day

Today is the day I say goodbye to my best friend. 

It's currently 8am and his flight is at 5pm, so we must leave the house at 4. 

I can already tell that this is going to be an emotional day for me, mum and possibly Aiden. 

Everyone's up and around the table for breakfast, I checked for an email, but I didn't get one again. 

Dads taken the day off work so we can spend today as a family. 

I don't actually remember the last time we spent the day together, all of us. 

Normally mum or dad is working so we don't get much family time.

Mum has made pancakes; you see the difference between me and mum making pancakes is that mum can actually make pancakes while I guess what I'm doing. 

We both don't make butterscotch pancakes as they just don't taste that nice, so we make thin pancakes like they do in the UK. 

That's one thing I miss about living in England is that pancakes are so much easier to make, and another thing is making friends was so much easier, I mean I grew up with them but in Florida I haven't grown up with anyone here. 

Aiden was able to make friends here, but I wasn't, Aiden was soccer captain of our school, so he got popular, I was Track captain but I'm not popular I've been known as 'Aiden's sister' for my whole school life. 

But now i'm going to state college, well i was accepted into some ivy leagues but none of them were that close to me, so i decided to go to UCLA but if i get accepted into saint Helen's then i'm going there.  

I put lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes as it's so much better then honey and butter. 

I know people think it's the other way round, but I prefer lemon juice. I have a cup of coffee with my pancakes, Aiden has apple juice. 

For me school starts in 5 days but for Aiden it starts in 7 days. 

You're probably wondering why Aiden is going so early and the answer to that is because "he needs to make friends, get to know his teachers, sort out his dorm and get used to the school" that's what my parents keep saying but I think that's a load of rubbish. 

I don't know the real reason, but that reason is not the real reason and I know that it isn't the truth.

After we finish breakfast, I head upstairs and go in the shower, I put on music and sing my heart out while in the shower. I wash my hair using my coconut scented shampoo and conditioner, I the head out the shower and wrap myself in my towel. 

I brush my teeth and head out into my room so I can change. I grab another pair of blue ripped jeans, but this time I'm wearing an oversize jumper with it. 

I sit down at my vanity and do another bit of light makeup. 

Now to my hair, I could either blow-dry it and straighten it or I could shove it up?

Who am I kidding of course I'm going to shove it up. I braid my hair into a bun and put a scrunchie around it, so it doesn't look so messy.

I head downstairs to see everyone in the family room. "Heard you singing, do you have a voice now?" Aiden says sarcastically