3.

Atsumu left Sakusa's bedroom at 3:47am. He wanted to stay there longer, really, he was quite adamant on making sure he had a good nights sleep, and his presence alone seemed to be doing the trick, but he knew Sakusa would freak out in the morning if he saw Atsumu asleep next to him.

He freaked out anyway.
He woke up at around 6am, immediately rising with a start due to his brain thinking of what happened the evening before. He looked around, trying to find any sign of Atsumu, there wasn't, and he was somehow disappointed and relieved.

How the hell did he allow that to happen? His palm smacked against his face as he groaned, cheeks burning in embarrassment. He is such a fool.

It turned out Atsumu wasn't in the apartment, he was probably already on his morning run. He was glad he didn't have to see him, knowing Atsumu would say something about what happened last night.

Except he didn't.

This time, Miya Atsumu avoided him. His reasoning behind it was to just give Sakusa space, knowing he was probably mortified about what happened, and Atsumu knew himself well enough that he would probably say something dumb, and make matters ten times worse.
That was his reasoning behind avoiding Sakusa, despite that not being the reason at all.

Atsumu felt extremely awkward. Because holding Sakusa that night despite the circumstances, felt good. It felt great, even. It comforted him as well as Sakusa and he wasn't sure why and it made him feel awkward and wrong.
Maybe it was just rubbing his ego that he actually touched Sakusa and Sakusa touched him, but he knew that wasn't it.

They went to practice and played together normally, but Atsumu didn't go out of his way to annoy him, which possibly annoyed Sakusa even more, because on the third day, he had enough.

Sakusa wasn't sure why it was bothering him so much either. He should be happy Atsumu is finally leaving him alone, but he's not. It actually made him feel more anxious and embarrassed. Did he do something else that he's forgotten, that is making Atsumu avoid him?
He wanted to ask him, he didn't like not knowing the answers to his questions, but what he did know is asking him will lead them to discuss what happened. He wasn't sure if he was ready for that.

Atsumu got home after Sakusa, surprised to see him sat at the small table sipping some tea. Normally he would be in his bedroom so he didn't have to interact with him.
'Hey, Omi'

Sakusa glanced at him for a brief second before looking back at the book in his hand, although he wasn't reading it. He couldn't concentrate on any of the words on the pages. Not when Atsumu was stood infront of him.

''M going fer a shower'

Sakusa nodded as Atsumu took his trainers off, putting the slippers on and went straight to the bathroom. Fuck. Why was talking suddenly so hard? He's never been a talkative person but the one time Sakusa wanted to talk to him, all his words dried up in his mouth. He was making a bigger deal out of this than needed.

Forty-five minutes later, he heard Atsumu come out of the bathroom and go into his bedroom. Sakusa was still sat at the table, not even pretending to read anymore as he just stared at the walls of the apartment.
He gave time, probably ten minutes, before standing up and heading over to Atsumu's door. He could hear him rustling around, humming a tune to himself.
He just stood there, hand raising to knock but then falling back to his side. He felt childish. It was just a simple conversation right? All he had to do was ask why Atsumu was avoiding him, maybe say it was effecting their game play or-

'Fuck! Jesus christ- Omi ya scared the shit outa' me. Why're ya just standing there?'

Atsumu nearly walked straight into Sakusa as he opened his bedroom door. He was clutching his own chest due to being startled, but the act made Sakusa think of himself the night before. He noticed how close they were, and quickly took a step back. This was awkward. Why was he doing this?

'Omi, you good?'

'Why are you avoiding me?'

The sheepish smile on Atsumu's face quickly dropped, his mouth slightly open in surprise. He didn't expect Sakusa to call him out on it, he thought he would have appreciated it.

'I wouldn't say I've been, er, avoiding ya. I was just giving ya some space. L-Like ya wanted!'
Atsumu spluttered out an excuse, but Sakusa didn't miss the way the tips of his ears turned red. 

He considered Atsumu and his reasoning. Sakusa could tell he was nervous, though. Being on the same team as him for a few months allowed Sakusa to learn some things about Atsumu, and one thing is that he would play with the hem of his shirt when he was nervous. He would often do it before matches, and was doing it now. Sakusa frowned.

'Listen, I didn't want ya to feel embarrassed or anything, okay? I thought ya wouldn't want to speak about it or nothing so I just left ya alone'

'I wasn't embarrassed' But you avoiding me made me feel embarrassed.

'Right, well, sorry if I did the wrong thing'

He looked vulnerable, which wasn't a common look on Atsumu. Sakusa knew he was probably looking at him too long. His hair was messy, again, something he realised was a common look. But it wasn't a bad one. Sakusa would dare say it looked good. But he realised he was staring so quickly cleared his throat and turned around to leave.

'Wait, Omi. Have ya eaten?'

Sakusa's steps faltered and he turned back slightly, eyeing Atsumu over his shoulder. He shook his head.

'Well 'M hungry, do ya wanna order something?'

It wasn't the worse idea, and Sakusa suddenly felt like he hadn't eaten in a week. It was an exaggeration, but he definitely hadn't eaten enough today due to his nerves, so he probably should eat. Of course he didn't miss how it was an invitation to eat together, which would be a first, but he found himself not minding the idea.

Despite everything, Sakusa longed for Atsumu to go back to being loud and annoying.

'Yeah, okay'