↝I start to like you, silly

After a couple of fun hours hanging out with a few snacks in between.

Jay is currently walking Shelly home, it's now dark with the moon out, a light breeze still swaying.

Shelly looks at Jay and smiles nudging him with her elbow "Hey, why did you suddenly want to take me out?"

At first he doesn't respond since he's blushing lightly, flustered, not sure what to say considering she could twist his words.

His heart beats as he keeps looking down at the pavement they walk on to her apartment.

If she doesn't take it the right way then she might not like him anymore... or maybe he could stop panicking, settle down and just tell her the truth.

He pushes up his glasses then turns to look at her, holding out a hand to hold it on her forearm. Saying quietly whilst his hand shakes from nerves "I...I" he gulps "I like y-"

Suddenly a voice interrupts them, the couple look over to see Dom causing Jay to sigh and take his hand off Shelly

The blonde girl smiles at Dom waving at him "Hi! What're you doing out?"

Dom lifts up a plastic bag showing what it's containing which is food from shopping "Just got some food!" He notices how close the two are and smiles teasingly "Oh~ are you two lovers on a date?"

Shelly blushes tucking a strand of hair behind her pierced ear but then remembers that Jay might feel uncomfortable if she jokes that they're on a date.

She sighs waving a hand dismissively "No! Jay asked to hang out because..." with a confused look she turns her head sideways "wait why did you ask to hang out?"

Jay's face is flushed, he's stuck!

Jay stutters looking at Shelly his heart pounding form anxiety "...uhh be-because... you're m-my favourite girl..?" He quickly looks away.

Dom and Shelly are both surprised by this statement.

Shelly is his favourite girl? That's a shock... but at the same time it's not a shock.

Since lately Jay has been talking and being with Shelly more than usual is he warming up to her?

Dom smiles grabbing his phone out his Nike jacket pocket to check the time "Well carry on with your date!" He blushes with a love struck smile "I have one to catch with Yuna~"

He waves bye and walks down the street happily.

The pair are both blushing now feeling a bit shy to say anything standing with a little bit of a bigger gap between them now.

Shelly puts a hand to her cheek feeling he warmth "umm Jay?"

Said boy looks at the flustered girl again "uh yeah?" He asks looking into her green eyes.

Shelly makes eye contact with him "Did you really mean it?... when you'd said that I'm your favourite girl?"

Shelly feels nervous in case he just blurted out anything that came to mind since Dom was there. Maybe her hopes are to high..

Jay reaches out to hold her fair skinned hand holding it firmly yet gently and speaks as confidently as he can "Y-y... Yes, you're my favourite girl." he pulls her a little closer to him "A-and... you'll always be."

The two keep looking into each others eyes both feeling a warm sensation.

Shelly giggles the warmth of Jay's big hand holding hers making her feel special.

"Ah, well that's nice."

The corner of his mouth lift upwards squeezing her hand gently "mhmm nice. Ah, come on I still gotta walk you home."

Shelly nods trailing behind him the breeze fluttering her blonde hair "Oh wait."

Jay stops in his tracks looking over his shoulder with a confused look.

Shelly finds his confused expression so cute, it makes her heart melt.

She shakes her head and raises a slight eyebrow "What were you going to say before Dom interrupted?"

Jay sighs remembering what he was going to confess but decides right now isn't the right time or place.

He tugs her hand with a reassuring smile "Don't you worry." they carry on walking in the darkness the shops and street lamps giving them light.

"How about we hang out tomorrow as well?" Jay speaks not looking at her "If you're free."

Shelly nods swinging their interlocked hands "yeah! Hmm how come you so suddenly want to hang out with me so much?"

Shelly then waves her free hand reassuringly "Not that I mind! I like it! It's fun to hang out with you!"

Jay smiles rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand "You find it fun to hang out with me. Good, I'll make lots of plans for us."